Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by o.pwuaioc »

You guys could probably start your own clothing thread (no pun intended, seriously).
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

PretentiousHipster wrote:I got an ad for playboy merchandise and wtf some of it actually looks amazing

https://www.playboy.com/shop/products/p ... -tee-green

is it a fashion company now?
I recall I read in the news that Playboy was like we will no longer going to objectify women and going to move away from that...something like this?
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

I'm fairly certain my estranged dad is dead. He hasn't updated his blog, facebook is gone, and he hasn't given any birthday wishes. I haven't spoken to him for over 10 years now and don't plan to (he was abusive during my childhood, and the last thing he said directly said to me before I cut him off was that he wish I died of cancer back when I had it). I'd like to find out for closure, but it would mean I would risk contacting him, and I definitely don't want to do that. Any advice in this manner? Literally everyone close to him cut him off except for his mother back in Poland, so an obituary wouldn't be made.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Not sure if they have this in Canada but in the 'States you can request the police department to do a welfare check. An officer will go to the residence and check to make sure the individual is okay. I think this is typically done for people that live away from their elderly parents or relatives.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Good idea but I cut him off to the point that he doesn't know where I live and I don't know where he lives lol. My brother rarely chats with him for some reason, even though when he found out my brother has a girlfriend he started harassing her. I'll ask him. Thanks for the advice.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

The other standard option is to check for obituaries.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ack

Post by Ack »

MrPopo wrote:The other standard option is to check for obituaries.

Pretentious already said he probably wouldn't get one, so unfortunately this isn't an option.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

My brother is gonna text our grandmother who is still alive, but is back in Poland. Maybe that might work.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Hope you're able to find something out, PH.

Not sure where else to post this.

Prfsnl, check your inbox; may be full. Not that my pm is important or anything. :lol:
Kinda feel like a goober even posting this. lol
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Watching older DVDs they had a special feature section and put effort in creating menus. I remember how exciting and advanced this was compared to VHS. The trivia/info in the menus, you can feel how previous this was. Back then they didn't have an internet that had all the data, those pictures and trailers were pretty exclusive stuff and exciting to own. You can feel the difference between the 2 eras.

Well... There was internet, it was just not fast enough to deliver information/media at such fast pace with such minute details and in a well organized database at your finger tips+mobile. Best you can get is a "fans page" or so.

Sigh... internet personality should come back.