Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by prfsnl_gmr Tue May 24, 2022 11:07 pm

PretentiousHipster wrote:Plus the brands might not wanna be associated with the video :lol: sounds good

Nah! They should be paying you for the product placement! :lol:
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:48 pm

Didn't Firefly literally steal the idea from Cowboy Bebop, a bounty hunter in traveling in his spaceship ? Its like only 2 years about from each other.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:13 am

RCBH928 wrote:Didn't Firefly literally steal the idea from Cowboy Bebop, a bounty hunter in traveling in his spaceship ? Its like only 2 years about from each other.

Firefly is way more similar to Outlaw Star than Cowboy Bepop. The first episode of both are really really similar. They diverge a good bit after that but I believe Whedon or someone on his team drew a lot of inspiration from Outlaw Star.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:43 pm

bmoc wrote:
RCBH928 wrote:Didn't Firefly literally steal the idea from Cowboy Bebop, a bounty hunter in traveling in his spaceship ? Its like only 2 years about from each other.

Firefly is way more similar to Outlaw Star than Cowboy Bepop. The first episode of both are really really similar. They diverge a good bit after that but I believe Whedon or someone on his team drew a lot of inspiration from Outlaw Star.

I never heard of outlaw star , will look into it thanks!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:35 am

Happy 46th birthday to BEERS AND VIDEOS, BAD PIXEL, BLAST PROCESSOR, and PUSH RUN BUTTON!

Have a great day guys!!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:21 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Happy 46th birthday to BEERS AND VIDEOS, BAD PIXEL, BLAST PROCESSOR, and PUSH RUN BUTTON!

Have a great day guys!!

:lol:

To think that, on this day in 1976, so many of our most active, passionate members would be born…it’s mind-boggling!
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:37 am

TV shows quality seem going downhill (lots of copycats), or the overwhelming abundance diluted the value of each one of them...or I just lost interest. Its kind of like back when you had 1 videogame you played it to death, but now that you have 50 you do not care especially for any one of them.
marurun

by marurun Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:27 am

RCBH928 wrote:TV shows quality seem going downhill (lots of copycats), or the overwhelming abundance diluted the value of each one of them...or I just lost interest. Its kind of like back when you had 1 videogame you played it to death, but now that you have 50 you do not care especially for any one of them.

The quality of shows tends to ebb and flow. I'd argue there's a lot of great stuff on right now, but it's mostly from streaming services, not broadcast or cable. Then again, if a gem came up on broadcast or cable I don't think I'd know about it because I don't have either, really.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:58 am

Abott Elementary is great!
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:59 pm

^ I love Zack Fox, I hope he comes back this season, I need more DARE raps. I've been a big fan of his since I saw him do standup while he was on tour with Thundercat years ago. Was a small venue- been really cool seeing how big both of them have blown up.

Reservation Dogs and Atlanta are also excellent. For animated shows, Harley Quinn, Solar Opposites, Primal, Little Devil... There's lots of options. I watch a lot more new TV than I used to.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever