Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by SamuraiMegas Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:49 pm

I've been on here about half my life now.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:09 pm

PretentiousHipster wrote:I don't use the r-slur, but I feel like you're spending too much time online. Many of them are PR-Friendly and are acting as safe as possible, but real life is not like this. I feel like this post is also one of a very rare case, and you're acting like it's the norm.

Well, each could do whatever they want with whatever he owns and if it does matter I was describing the results of a specific search engine, but I find it quite contradicting for people to condone censorship and restricting freedom of speech in countries like China and then go back to their platform and they ban use of harmless words and ban even the US president of tweeting.

I do not mean to drag this into politics, but I am criticising the act of people who say they fight for specific rights and then go back and do the opposite. This is what annoys me.
marurun

by marurun Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:43 pm

This speaks to a misunderstanding of what “freedom of speech” is in the United States. But this is not the venue for that discussion. Let’s steer back to more forum-friendly topics, please.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:12 am

https://twitter.com/LadyDecade/status/1 ... 9543054336

Imagine praising a youtuber, tagging people who you find worse (super petty to do so), and then the person you've praised calls you out for doing so.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:24 am

PretentiousHipster wrote:https://twitter.com/LadyDecade/status/1426972999543054336

Imagine praising a youtuber, tagging people who you find worse (super petty to do so), and then the person you've praised calls you out for doing so.

my opinion when you publish something to the public you give them the right to criticise it, otherwise you can create your own videos and watch them yourself or share them with small social circle. I think people are getting too soft now days.
marurun

by marurun Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:26 am

RCBH928 wrote:
PretentiousHipster wrote:https://twitter.com/LadyDecade/status/1426972999543054336

my opinion when you publish something to the public you give them the right to criticise it, otherwise you can create your own videos and watch them yourself or share them with small social circle. I think people are getting too soft now days.

Do you give people the right to criticize it in any way they like? Do you give people the right to insult you and hate? It's not that people are too soft now, it's that people have had to tolerate shit for too long and are finally taking the opportunity to wrest back some control.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:30 am

marurun wrote:
RCBH928 wrote:

Do you give people the right to criticize it in any way they like? Do you give people the right to insult you and hate? It's not that people are too soft now, it's that people have had to tolerate shit for too long and are finally taking the opportunity to wrest back some control.

Why does anyone care about something so vapid as Twitter drama?
marurun

by marurun Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:38 am

o.pwuaioc wrote:
marurun wrote:Do you give people the right to criticize it in any way they like? Do you give people the right to insult you and hate? It's not that people are too soft now, it's that people have had to tolerate shit for too long and are finally taking the opportunity to wrest back some control.

Why does anyone care about something so vapid as Twitter drama?

I don't know that I care a lot about Twitter drama, but it does seem that for some there might be another issue here at play.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:55 am

I've decided to post it because it was amusing that he wanted to compliment someone by using a very petty method, and that very person didn't like that he did that.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:57 am

PretentiousHipster wrote:I've decided to post it because it was amusing that he wanted to compliment someone by using a very petty method, and that very person didn't like that he did that.

In other words, vapid Twitter drama.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever