Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by PretentiousHipster »

You didn't really post any, just a selfie where you could see some tats.

I'll try to see if they'll book the first neck one now that we know what day shops are reopening.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

SamuraiMegas wrote:
PretentiousHipster wrote:Hey SamuraiMegas are you planning on getting any other tattoos soon?

I think I'm gonna take the plunge and get a neck tattoo soon. I think getting the ones that Jack has in Mass Effect.

I've been thinking about it, I have a small album of designs I've been thinking about but I currently need to save money to buy music production gear, so getting tatted is kind of on the back burner. Did I ever post photos of mine? I can't remember.

Also, speaking of TNF ^ go check out @futuradoamil on Instagram's last post. It's the artist Futura2000's page, he just posted about how TNF has been plagiarizing his work and using his designs.

As for comfortable shoes, check out shoes with Ultra boost! Most comfortable shoes ever made. Got a pair of Nigo x Pharrell Friendship pack Boost Slides and I can literally walk several miles in them comfortably- and those are just slides! Jordan 1s are also very comfortable imo.

The main sneaker I collect right now is the OG model of Bapestas (basically the ones from 09 and before) and I have to say, in terms of comfort, they kinda suck. I've spent 200+ on a pair of shoes I can barely wear for a couple hours, and I can't bend my toes in them without creasing the absolute fuck outta em.

Girls think they're cute though, so I guess it's worth it. I'll post some pics of my collection in the next month or two- waiting to hang up some stuff and I'm going to post a thread showing off my set up.

I heard about the TNF vs Futura2000 thing. Something about the Futurelight logo TNF uses. Don't recall anything else about that.

I've been looking at the newer Ultra Boosts because of that fat back heel :lol: but there's something about the older models that i appreciate more. Looks sleeker I guess. I like the Bapestas. They can get crazy with the colors and they're pretty much the only company that got away with the AF1 design and not get sued so I have to give them props for that.

I'd love to see people's collections (games, shoes, clothing, everything!)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m6kZL6JVuc2WU-GbDZeE8M0C04DsrnFC/view?usp=sharing
This is my current rotation.
Top two boxes are Converse x Ambush Duck Boot (for those winter months in NYC)
Next two are Nike x CDG Black Talaria and New Balance CDG Homme 574s
Next two are Nike ISAP Drifter Split (tabi/ninja shoes) and ISPA Overreact
Next two are Nike Pegasus 35 Nathan Bell and Pegasus 36 Disruption
Then it's Pegasus 36 Trail GTX and Pegasus 36 Shield
Nike Air Zoom-Type and Space Hippie 04 (currently drying from a wash)
Jordan Trunner Ultimate and Trunner Advance
Nike CruzrOne and Vapromax EVO NRG
And lastly, Nike Offline mule and Asuna SE Crater
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

http://imgur.com/a/lUhoxH5

Excuse my pasty ass legs, and the quality of the second pic, imgur fucked it for some reason. I'll post much more indepth pics of the shoes when I make my big collection post.

Shoes are (from left to right, top row to bottom) J1 ROTY, Nike AF1, J1 Chicago (original release, they were my dad's in college),
Bapesta highs (? Not sure of model name, obscure pair from ~2004), Bapesta Neon Woodlands, Bapesta Pink camo,
Gorillaz Pazuzu converse,black ultra boost 3.0, Ultra boost 2.0 mystery grey (I think, these are my daily beaters, bought them 5+ years ago).
On the ground are my Nigo x Pharrell Friendship pack slides. So comfy.

I had some Yeezys but sold them because they didn't fit, and some De La Soul dunks I sold to get a Bape hoodie.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

That pink camo one is nice. I’d definitely wear that during the summer. Speaking of Bapesta: https://www.a-ma-maniere.com/collections/a-bathing-ape-2/products/studded-bapesta-low-2 That’ll do damage to your wallet and to someone’s ass when their ass needs kicking. And that original AJ1s is awesome!
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Those pink ones are actually the newer model of Bapesta, but I got them because of how fire the camo is, and because they'll hold up better for wearing often (especially during the summer like you mentioned).

Those studded ones are an easy example of why I don't like the new stuff Bape makes, it's all ugly and low effort for the most part. I just wish I could afford Nigos new brand human made, so fucking expensive.

My BST Thread
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

Have you looked at all of the collaborations between Adidas and Human Made? Is the pricing on that stuff better?

I know Nike X Sacai hoodie with the MA-1 side panels was the same exact style as Sacai’s original, but was priced at $275 compared to $650. It was like the poor mans version (both massively expensive for hoodies btw).
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I didn't know we had street wear fashionmaxxed zoomers on Racketboy. Pretty based tbh.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I didn't know we had street wear fashionmaxxed zoomers on Racketboy. Pretty based tbh.

I recognize many of these words individually, but put together it's gibberish.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

The heck is a zoomer? Is that like a person who uses zoom a lot?
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Zoomers are people born late 90s- early 00s (like me). I've been into this stuff for about five years but only started collecting a bit more seriously within the past 2~3 years since it's an expensive hobby. Never really posted about it on here because I didn't think there was anyone else really interested in the stuff.

My BST Thread