The Wrestling Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by RCBH928 »

I haven't seen ROH in a long time, I thought maybe they shutdown by now. Not sure how these indie companies generate enough money to keep going on.
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

RCBH928 wrote:I haven't seen ROH in a long time, I thought maybe they shutdown by now. Not sure how these indie companies generate enough money to keep going on.

A recent tweet by a ROH wrestler says they're noit independent :wink:
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

JoeAwesome wrote:
RCBH928 wrote:I haven't seen ROH in a long time, I thought maybe they shutdown by now. Not sure how these indie companies generate enough money to keep going on.

I really don't know how indie is defined, I just call any small time company indie :mrgreen:
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

RCBH928 wrote:
JoeAwesome wrote:

I really don't know how indie is defined, I just call any small time company indie :mrgreen:

You're good. But anyone having a real argument with you would take issue. :lol:
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

Post by TheSSNintendo »

Nah, they're still around. Went to the ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard at MSG during WrestleMania weekend.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

I never thought this would happen, but my husband and I are considering changing our internet package to one that includes cable for the first time in eleven years. We are doing this because I am loving the heck out of AEW, and their weekly events require TNT to view. Since it's been so long, though, I have some questions for those of you who have cable packages and whatnot to make sure I have a grip on our options.

I'm trying to ensure that I will not only be able to watch/record the live AEW Dynamite broadcasts, but also view all previous episodes on demand. I've discovered that Playstation Vue would do the job, but that's $50+ extra a month that I don't really want to spend. How are the rest of you keeping up with episodes? For those of you with TV/phone/internet packages, is it DVR or bust for repeat viewings? If any of you have Hulu+ Live, does that include on demand episodes of Dynamite? And if you have a cable package and are using the TNT app, is that a smartphone-only situation, or can the app be used on other devices?

Thanks in advance for the thoughts. Cero miedo!

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

I use Youtube TV. Works for me. Since I started from the beginning, the older episodes are available until July to watch, but had I started recording now, I likely won't have access to the beginning through it.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

After I was impressed by Eric Bischoff take on the WWF, I finally came to the conclusion that this man is a one trick pony kind of person. In fact, he was lucky to have the nWo idea born in his time and being so well executed. Otherwise he has done nothing else to take on the WWF, it was the wrestlers who were doing the heavy lifting.

None the less, was it so evident back then that WCW had to push new talent , like WWF's Austin and Rock, to retain their position? Its easy to look back at it now and say yes, but at the time no man in his right mind would take out Hogan, Sting, Nash, Flair, Macho, Bret Hart, and push Eddie Guerrero, Jericho, Mysterio, and Chris Benoit.
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

Why not? Vince did just that.

The problem (to me) with WCW became the inmates running the asylum: Hogan and others not taking losses with “creative control”; stories that were awful, even then; and yes, not putting younger talent over.

This damn near killed off TNA, too, and by the same people.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

I know, I am just wondering was it so obvious that this was going to kill them eventually? Was growing new talent something pretty well known in the industry back then?Vince held on his stars for a very long time before that like Hogan and others. At the MNW, Vince was in a pickle, all the big stars jumped ship and this was his only bet.

Its a different topic, but, I really believe Dixie Carter killed TNA. There was a time where I really did believe the TNA roster was better than WWE's, but the horrible storylines, wasted money, bad marketing, and the funny idea of going against WWE's RAW head to head just shows she was not cut for it. You would think one would learn from history.