Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Razzmatazz
64-bit

The Wrestling Thread

by Razzmatazz Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:46 pm

I don't know if there is a thread already about wrestling, I did search the site but didn't find one.

Either way, I thought it would be good to talk about wrestling, WWE, TNA or other feds (ROH etc). I'm sure there are a few of you out there that enjoy it still as I do.
Currently playing Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Check out my album reviews at the home of rap reviews, http://www.rapreviews.com (NEW SITE COMING 2015)
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: The Wrestling Thread

by Gamerforlife Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:03 pm

I was an on again off again fan of the WWF growing up. I think sometime during the attitude era I started watching it regularly. I still hate how they have to call themselves the WWE now. I think it's total BS how they were forced to change their name.

I missed out on most of the awesome stuff that happened in WCW and ECW, though I bought an awesome DVD that filled me in on most of ECW's history before the WWE revived it and ruined it on SyFy(here's another dumb name change I could rant about)

I watch TNA if I happen to catch it when it's on, but I primarily just watch WWE shows. I've heard of Ring of Honor never seen it at all, but it sounds very cool

Fave all time WWE wrestlers:

Shawn Michaels
Chris Jericho
Mick Foley
Bret Hart
Eddie Guerrero
The Rock

Fave current ones:
Chris Jericho
Heart Dynasty(you gotta love Canadian wrestlers)
CM Punk
Randy Orton
Edge
Christian
Jack Swagger
Matt Hardy
Kane(glad he got another title run, he deserves it)

Least favorite:
John Cena(He may be the so-called face of the company, but he'll just never be as cool as Steve Austin or The Rock, or as over as Hulk Hogan)
Rey Mysterio(he's just too "kiddie" for me)
The Undertaker(his act is so stale and so eighties. I kind of wish he'd go back to the biker gimmick, where he could actually just be himself)

Hottest divas:
Maryse(even with her bad french)
Mickie James(have any of you seen her nude picks she likes to pretend never happened?)
Layla
Kelly Kelly
Tiffany
Stacy Kiebler(back when she was still with the company)

I like the Nexus storyline they are doing, very cool
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Octopod
Next-Gen

by Octopod Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:08 pm

I the my favorite wrestler was probably the Ultimate Warrior.
Razzmatazz
64-bit

by Razzmatazz Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Good stuff. Yeah I grew up with WWF and WCW, I remember having Hulk Hogan toys as a kid but only really remember watching wrestling in about 1998/1999 when WCW Nitro would be shown here in the UK on TNT (which was basically Cartoon Network after 9pm). But I began watching WWF after seeing Royal Rumble 2000, and also catching the end of ECW around that time. I think I watched every week up until 2002 when the name change came in and Brock Lesnar was there. I think they took it off free TV and put it on Sky Sports (which is a subscription service here). But since 2006 I have been watching TNA, and since last year I have been back into WWE.

I agree with what you say about John Cena, he is too forced down people's throats. I like his gimmick, his music, but they are using him wrong. I hope he turns bad guy soon!

My favourite wrestlers:

The Rock
Chris Jericho
Triple H
Kurt Angle
Mick Foley
Sabu
Goldberg

Current ones:

AJ Styles
Sheamus
CM Punk
The Miz
Santino (hilarious)
The Pope
Wade Barrett (I think this guy is gonna awesome)

I don't really care for the Divas, they can't wrestle for shit. TNA has some good females though. But I agree, Maryse is probably the most stunning thing I've seen on television since Stacey Keibler. Or Sable.
Currently playing Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Check out my album reviews at the home of rap reviews, http://www.rapreviews.com (NEW SITE COMING 2015)
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:36 pm

i "was" also a big wrestling fan. still watch it every now and then when i'm not playing games.

My favorite all-time wrestlers:

Hulk Hogan
Macho Man Randy Savage
Mr. Perfect
Bret Hart
The Rock
Goldberg
Shawn Michaels
Eddie Guerrero

Current ones:
Randy Orton
Chris Jericho
Christian (this guy always have a cool intro music)
um......Bret Hart :lol:
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:05 pm

LOL, @sevin0sevin mentioning Bret Heart as current fave. I still can't believe he's actually working with the company again, but it's kind of cool I think. Oh, and I agree Chrisitian's music is great. His theme, Orton's, Edge's, Drew McIntyre's and all of Triple's H's themes are my faves

I also think a heel turn(or turning bad in layman's terms)would be a good thing for Cena. He's still gets boos during some pay per views or when he's in certain cities. Even the announcers have had to acknowledge it a few times by calling him "controversial". There is obviously a sizeable number of fans out there who really want to hate him.

I also think Wade Barrett has a bright future. He's already in a storyline with the top guy in the company. That's impressive

Santino and the Great Kali are good for comedy. Hornswaggle is funny when they use him right, annoying when they don't. Santino is a natural though. Kali looks like he doesn't know where he is or what he's doing half the time lol. I hear he is very popular in India though, which is the only reason I think the WWE is still giving him a paycheck

I like the Miz too, forgot to mention him before. He's more interesting than Morrison right now, though Morrison's slow mo gimmick always makes me laugh because the announcers always act like they are so amazed by it lol

I think what makes Maryse so hot is that bratty attitude, course those nice outfits she's been wearing since they put her with Dibiase don't hurt either. I don't mind divas matches, I think a few of them are decent, but I'll admit it's not something I usually care much about. I think Beth Phoenix is pretty impressive. She's like the modern day China. Remember when we had ladies like Trish Stratus(again, love those Canadians), Alundra Blaze and Lita? Good old days.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:58 pm

@Gamerforlife: ha ha, yeah i can't believe Bret Hart is back. i was in a "moment" mode when i saw him call out Shawn Michaels face to face to bury their differences. Those two had a lot of history together it was so awesome to see.

do you guys have any favorite wresting moments?

my first memory of wresting was when Hulk Hogan bodyslamed Andre The Giant at Wrestlemania 3. That was the start for me. How about you guys? any favorite moments or how did you become a wrestling fan?
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
(-_-)
64-bit

by (-_-) Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:11 pm

I was never really into wwf, but I was born in Calgary, so I was always being told stories about Bret Hart. My mother went to school with Owen Hart and my grandmother met them a few times. My grandpa loves wrestling as well so whenever he hears something he's always telling me. When I moved out to B.C. I joined wrestling in highschool where my coaches told me more about how much support those guys did, and still do for highschool wrestling. When they were young they would always hear stories about the Harts basement which was named "The dungeon."
FiftyDollarCurse
128-bit

by FiftyDollarCurse Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:41 pm

All time favorite: Bret Hart

Others, whom at one point or another, were my favorites:
Razor Ramon
Jeff Jarrett
Sabu
Samoa Joe
Triple H
Vader
Chris Benoit
Rey Mysterio Jr.
Jimmy Wang Yang (Heh.)

Current favorite: C.M. Punk
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:16 am

sevin0seven wrote:@Gamerforlife: ha ha, yeah i can't believe Bret Hart is back. i was in a "moment" mode when i saw him call out Shawn Michaels face to face to bury their differences. Those two had a lot of history together it was so awesome to see.

do you guys have any favorite wresting moments?

my first memory of wresting was when Hulk Hogan bodyslamed Andre The Giant at Wrestlemania 3. That was the start for me. How about you guys? any favorite moments or how did you become a wrestling fan?

I think Bret put it best the night he first came back when he said that hell had frozen over :lol:

Some great moments for me was DX driving a tank over to where WCW was, Hogan getting in the ring to wrestle the Rock, the invasion storyline where we saw Shanomac purchase WCW, the first One Night Stand pay per view which truly felt like a real, genuine, old school ECW event(which was apparently censored somewhat on the DVD), every time I saw someone become world champion when I didn't think it would ever happen, and finding out that Micky James had done a naughty, nude photo shoot that could be found on the net :lol:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever