Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: The Wrestling Thread

by Reprise Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:37 am

Who knows? I want them to turn it into a work, because is it really the most erroneous thing for a professional wrestler to have ever done? But I guess that's it, they are done with each other and they are still trying to buy out his contract.

It's a shame. That feud with MJF was amazing and the whole thing overshadowed MJF's return.
Last edited by Reprise on Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
marurun

by marurun Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:02 am

Dude has Punk in his stage name. What do you expect? Punks gotta be punks.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:27 am

That was only a rumor. Punk is replying to AEW stars posts on social media. He's still injured and 3-4 months away from being healed. I don't think Tony Khan will decide anything until Punk is healed and decide from there. TK already said even if he has healed atm no creative plans yet. Willing to bet TK would bring him back conditionally and have a locker room meeting.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:21 am

The whole Sami/Bloodline storyline, as well as how that is being interwoven with Cody's story, is so good. I have not been this captivated in a Wrestlemania build since WM30 and even that was only because we saw the fans turning against the product and forcing creative to change the story.

Looking forward to Elimination Chamber this Saturday.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:43 am

The storylines involving your regular muscular joe trying to figure his life issues do not interest me at all. Watching larger than life characters like Mankind take on The Undertaker is much more interesting for me but maybe I am old fella by now and times have changed.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:10 am

Wut?

Edit: Oh I think I understand your point. You're more into "characters" than wrestlers who just play their parts as ordinary people. Yeah, I can understand that. It's part of why I found the Ruthless Aggression era a bit boring. It was all just Randy Orton, Batista, John Cena, Triple H, Brock Lesnar etc and they lost all those bizarre but interesting, larger than life characters they had in the Classic and Attitude eras.

Droid party
Next-Gen

by Droid party Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:46 pm

Reprise wrote:The whole Sami/Bloodline storyline, as well as how that is being interwoven with Cody's story, is so good.

Ditto, I had gone off wrestling the last year because I was tired of the same Roman story line of people challengiing him but just falling short. It was just so dull them repeating the same thing every ppv. I watched the rumble (the first thing I've watched for a year) and was drawn back in. If Sami takes this I will be cheering in my living room. I had chills watching Cody's promo with Paul last week and butterflies watching him and Sami this week. It's the best I've seen in years.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:36 pm

Droid party wrote:
Reprise wrote:The whole Sami/Bloodline storyline, as well as how that is being interwoven with Cody's story, is so good.

Ditto, I had gone off wrestling the last year because I was tired of the same Roman story line of people challengiing him but just falling short. It was just so dull them repeating the same thing every ppv. I watched the rumble (the first thing I've watched for a year) and was drawn back in. If Sami takes this I will be cheering in my living room. I had chills watching Cody's promo with Paul last week and butterflies watching him and Sami this week. It's the best I've seen in years.

Same here really. For a long time I have very much been a casual wrestling fan who just dips in and out and watchs bits here and there, but since around 2018/2019 I have definitely been more dipped out than in with WWE.

A big part of that was definitely the fact that since 2015 it we have had 467 different variations of Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns, and Roman beating every single other challenger.

But as you put beautifully, the Rumble drew me back in (I must admit I watched Survivor Series too, which was pretty good). The way they have handled Sami and Cody has been pure genius that is up there with some of the all time greatest wrestling stories and booking. They have nailed this so far. I haven't seen such a great build to Wrestlemania since probably X7.

Droid party
Next-Gen

by Droid party Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:16 pm

It is the kind of stuff that reminds why I fell in love with wrestling as a child. I just hope they don't do this incredible build only for it all to just fizzle into something terrible. My prediction is that Sami will lose because of interferance from Solo Sikoa only for Sami tto help protect Cody from a similar fate at WM by stopping Solo from getting involved. I will probably be wrong but I would love to see that.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:13 am

Droid party wrote:It is the kind of stuff that reminds why I fell in love with wrestling as a child. I just hope they don't do this incredible build only for it all to just fizzle into something terrible.

Same and same.

That is my concern too. There is always the chance that WWE might severely drop the ball, either whilst progressing the story, or after Wrestlemania.

WWE does have a history of screwing up "underdog chasing the title/trying to take down the big heel" stories.

Either way though, it has been brilliant so far and I am excited to see what direction WWE will go in.

I wish AEW will pull their finger out now. The first two years of that company was great and I really want to see them excel and do well.

Return to Off-Topic / Whatever