Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
AppleQueso

Re: Black metal

by AppleQueso Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:55 pm

GSZX1337 wrote:
And how do you relate to the lyrics? Theres some pretty fucked up lyrics in that stuff.

Someone who listens to Black Metal (or probably any Metal) really doesn't care about the lyrics. (Unless they're obsessed with the first wave of Black Metal and have become Satanists.)

When I think first wave stuff the first band I immedately think of is Sarcofago so I'd think you'd be obsessed with hilariously poor english as well.

Octopod wrote:which is blackened crust

Dear Lord, there's Blackened Crust Punk now?

Biggest stuff out there is whatever Darkthrone is doing now.
corn619
Next-Gen

by corn619 Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:43 pm

GSZX1337 wrote:Slipknot and Deftones aren't Metal bands.

I would consider Deftones and Slipknot most definitely a style of metal music. Most of the songs are heavy, riffy and filled with angry screaming, sounds like metal to me. Don't make it seem more complicated than it is dude. To be honest though, I could really care less on what you think is metal or not though. And I never take what anyone on the internet says harshly.
Replica
16-bit

by Replica Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:11 am

Yep, Slipknot and Deftones are not metal.

I've really been liking 1349 and Darkthrone lately. I really like the black metal band that the guy from Swallow the Sun is in. Black Breath is pretty cool but it's like black and thrash. Also I REALLY like Goatwhore but I don't think it's traditional black metal either.
glynnahab
128-bit

by glynnahab Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:35 am

What the hell are you guys talking about?
kingmohd84 wrote:I really won't buy a console with hair,
u never know where that hair came from
MaliceValentine
32-bit

by MaliceValentine Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:20 am

Hatta wrote:Black metal makes me laugh. Oh sure, you're soooo scary. I appreciate the technical ability it takes to play, but... come on.

I really do strongly agree but If it what floats a persons boat iv got no right to say otherwise.

Only black metal i ever liked for a bit was Dimmu Borgir and a little bit of Cardle of Filth but that was it but i think Cradles classed as Gothic metal however....

Do we have any fans of Goth rock here? Type O Negative, for instance?
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:06 am

corn619 wrote:
GSZX1337 wrote:Slipknot and Deftones aren't Metal bands.

I would consider Deftones and Slipknot most definitely a style of metal music. Most of the songs are heavy, riffy and filled with angry screaming, sounds like metal to me. Don't make it seem more complicated than it is dude.

So is Linkin Park Metal? What about Yacopsae? They're heavy and have angry screaming. :roll:

To be honest though, I could really care less on what you think is metal or not though.

It's not what "I think" is Metal. Bands like Slipknot, KoRn, SoaD, etc. are mislabeled as Heavy Metal. To put it simply: There's a reason why Encyclopaedia Metallum and Metal Crypt don't list "Nu-Metal" bands.

AppleQueso wrote:When I think first wave stuff the first band I immedately think of is Sarcofago so I'd think you'd be obsessed with hilariously poor english as well.

I think everyone's obsessed with incredibly poor English. :lol:

AppleQueso wrote:
GSZX1337 wrote:Dear Lord, there's Blackened Crust Punk now?

Am I the only one who thinks the "Mix two Punk/Metal genres to make a new genre" thing is getting way out of hand. Death 'n' Roll, Deathcore, Black Thrash, Black Crust, Melodic Deathcore, Power Thrash, Death Thrash, etc. Most of these "new genres" are complete bullshit, and on top of that it makes classification even more unbearable. It was bad enough when I was bitched at for calling a Melodic Death Metal Band *gasp* a Death Metal band. "Oh Dear! How dare I forget to add the word 'Melodic'!"
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Niode
Next-Gen

by Niode Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:41 am

glynnahab wrote:What the hell are you guys talking about?

Nothing important.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:47 am

Niode wrote:
glynnahab wrote:What the hell are you guys talking about?

Nothing important.

pretty much, considering this is a retro gaming forum

GSZX1337 wrote:
GSZX1337 wrote:Dear Lord, there's Blackened Crust Punk now?

Am I the only one who thinks the "Mix two Punk/Metal genres to make a new genre" thing is getting way out of hand. Death 'n' Roll, Deathcore, Black Thrash, Black Crust, Melodic Deathcore, Power Thrash, Death Thrash, etc. Most of these "new genres" are complete bullshit, and on top of that it makes classification even more unbearable. It was bad enough when I was bitched at for calling a Melodic Death Metal Band *gasp* a Death Metal band. "Oh Dear! How dare I forget to add the word 'Melodic'!"[/quote]

Oh man, that's ridiculous indeed. I'd consider it more of a descriptor than a "genre" though whenever I say it. As in, "melodic death metal" is a way to describe certain death metal bands.
Assman
24-bit

by Assman Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:00 pm

To be fair, melodic death metal and actual death metal are very different and thus a different classification is necessary. Compare a band like Suffocation to In Flames and they don't even sound vaguely similar.

Melodeath is more like melodic thrash with aggressive vocals, and really, I think it should be called something else, omitting the DM tag altogether.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:19 pm

Replica wrote:Yep, Slipknot and Deftones are not metal.

I've really been liking 1349 and Darkthrone lately. I really like the black metal band that the guy from Swallow the Sun is in. Black Breath is pretty cool but it's like black and thrash. Also I REALLY like Goatwhore but I don't think it's traditional black metal either.

I've never heard the Deftones, but I would definitely classify Slipknot as metal. Whether or not they are GOOD metal is debateable, but they are still metal.

Nu-metal is also metal, or at least a sub genre of metal, which means Korn IS metal.

Isn't Heavy Metal really just a sub-genre of rock anyway? Meaning that ALL of these bands are really just rock bands anyway.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever