Black metal

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ack

Re: Black metal

Post by Ack »

I had heard that synth track before when looking up Begotten but had not seen this video. Which is funny, because Begotten seems to pair so well with Black Metal's extremity.

Also, while I'm not into the vocals, does Silencer do many instrumentals? That music is awesome.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

They only released one album and I believe every song has vokills but the "outro." I like the vocals, but they're a bit distracting, and it caused Silencer to be labelled as one of those "gimmicky" tryhard extreme bands, which is unfortunate. The guitar is my favorite part too -- the riffing is sublime.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Yeah, when their playing kicked in, I was amazed. But the vocals just distract me. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a gimmick, but it pulls me from some fantastic music.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

People who say Silencer sounds funny cause of the "bad" vocals have never experienced heavy depression.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Hell i don't know im in the right genre, but th8s board needs more posts per day, so it's going here lol.

My daughters favorite band is Ghost, so 9ne of her graduation gifts were tickets to the Nashville show. And she wanted us all to go, so it's a family event i guess lol. I mean i never thought they'd tour here, so i had to get tickets. They're ok to me, first 2 albums i love. I hear alot of blue oyster cult. Im more interested in the opener amon armarth, fan for years but i guess thats not really the genre either.
Ack

Post by Ack »

stickem wrote:Hell i don't know im in the right genre, but th8s board needs more posts per day, so it's going here lol.

My daughters favorite band is Ghost, so 9ne of her graduation gifts were tickets to the Nashville show. And she wanted us all to go, so it's a family event i guess lol. I mean i never thought they'd tour here, so i had to get tickets. They're ok to me, first 2 albums i love. I hear alot of blue oyster cult. Im more interested in the opener amon armarth, fan for years but i guess thats not really the genre either.

I also enjoyed Ghost's first two albums. Haven't really listened beyond that, though they always sounded more Doom Metal to me, though I remember because of their lyrics, there was a big debate about them when they first popped up and whether they were a Black or Doom Metal band.

And regardless of genre, Amon Amarth is great. You're gonna have fun.