Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: Official Racketboy Suggestion Forum Thread

by racketboy Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:49 pm

marurun wrote:Oddly enough, it's not doing it on my phone. I'm seeing it in Opera on a desktop, though. Won't be able to test another browser until I'm home.

What mobile OS/browser are you using? It jumps to the top of the page for me on iOS and OSX Safari.
marurun

by marurun Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:21 pm

iOS 11 and Safari. I have noticed something, though. On my phone, the newest unread URL ends in:

"&view=unread#unread"

On the desktop, it's showing the following at the end of the URL instead:

"&view=unread#NaN"
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:24 pm

Good job spotting the difference -- I will pass on the info.

However, he just removed the forum code that was causing issues a little while ago. He kept it on the articles part.

So the forum should be back to the way it was a couple days ago, but not ideal with it being below the header more like we would prefer.
marurun

by marurun Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:28 pm

Well, it's also possible that Opera was mangling the URL. It's based on Chrome's rendering engine, but it isn't Chrome. But it's what I use at work for browsing personal stuff since it has a rudimentary VPN built-in.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:31 am

Please view this post in the original Racketboy V3 Theme, other themes might also have the same issue
Suggest including the little known attachment command to the Edit Box (arrow) in screenshot as a quick click when creating posts. Any picture attachment when posted under the attachment command or reposted by the image command gets corrected resized preventing the text box going past the forum default width.

I used the attachment command in the below Edit Box screenshot. If the uploaded attached image was not inside the attachment command, this post would be much wider past the default width. It is just slightly wider as explained further down.

Right click to see how it is wider when viewed direct.

Attachment Edit Command.JPG
Attachment Edit Command.JPG (107.59 KiB) Viewed 28031 times

:idea: The attachment command also has the advantage of placing an attached image anywhere in a post of text and not just at the bottom.

EDIT (Symbols below explained further down)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
====================================================================================================================================

Please view this post in the original Racketboy V3 theme to see the word wrap error
Text normally automatically wraps to next line to keep the post matched to the default width. However when using either the "-" or "=" repeated past the default width, the symbol text do not wrap causing the post to extend past the default width as I have shown above. Suspect other symbols on the keyboard also have the word wrap issue.

Segata wrote:Not the pic that made that text go out of frame. I just put too many ==== in the post. There is a bug that does that. It's done it to me before when I made topics and had a preview. This time just forgot to check.
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:35 am

CRTGAMER wrote:Suggest including the little known attachment command to the Edit Box (arrow) in screenshot as a quick click when creating posts. Any picture attachment when posted under the attachment command or reposted by the image command gets corrected resized preventing the text box going past the forum default width.

I used the attachment command in the below Edit Box screenshot. Right click to see how it is wider when viewed direct.

:idea: The attachment command also has the advantage of placing an attached image anywhere in a post of text and not just at the bottom.

EDIT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

====================================================================================================================================

View this post in the original Racketboy V3 theme to see the word wrap error
Text normally automatically wraps to next line to keep the post matched to the default width. However when using either the "-" or "=" repeated past the default width, the symbol text do not wrap causing the post to extend past the default width as I have shown above. Suspect other symbols on the keyboard also have the word wrap issue.

Segata wrote:Not the pic that made that text go out of frame. I just put too many ==== in the post. There is a bug that does that. It's done it to me before when I made topics and had a preview. This time just forgot to check.

It's because of the lack of a space. It's treating it like a single word. I think it should be down to users to just delete some symbols rather than messing around with such a small fix.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:41 am

alienjesus wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Please view this post in the original Racketboy V3 Theme, other themes might also have the same issue
Suggest including the little known attachment command to the Edit Box (arrow) in screenshot as a quick click when creating posts. Any picture attachment when posted under the attachment command or reposted by the image command gets corrected resized preventing the text box going past the forum default width.

I used the attachment command in the below Edit Box screenshot. If the uploaded attached image was not inside the attachment command, this post would be much wider past the default width. It is just slightly wider as explained further down.

Right click to see how it is wider when viewed direct.

EDIT

View this post in the original Racketboy V3 theme to see the word wrap error

It's because of the lack of a space. It's treating it like a single word. I think it should be down to users to just delete some symbols rather than messing around with such a small fix.

That makes sense, the symbols treated as one word. You are right there is not an easy fix other then self editing. I purposely quoted your post which quoted my older post; each post getting even wider.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The separate suggestion of the attachment command is easy to implement. I think many are not aware of it.
More of if it is included in the Edit section when creating a post, draws attention as an edit option and autosize images.

Up to three resized images can be placed per post; the images set at any line in the post.
Imagine the commands below as uploaded larger sized image attachments resized to width of post.

Place your text here.

{attachment=0}Image Three.JPG{/attachment}

Add more text here.

{attachment=1}Image Two.JPG{/attachment}

Add even more text here.

{attachment=2}Image One.JPG{/attachment}

Add the rest of the text here.

:idea: Note that the first uploaded image moves down the line as newer images are uploaded with up to three per post.
The attachment command starts with newest uploaded image (Image Three.JPG) with the "=0" as an identifier.
Images can be moved out of order in a post by simply moving the commands around while editing.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Mara

by Mara Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:50 am

This is just extreme nitpicking, but I noticed that in some of the forum descriptions, Sentences Are Currently Written Like This, while others are written normally.

marurun

by marurun Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:32 pm

Hah! Yeah, sometimes we need a style guide. Thanks for pointing those out.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:50 am

haven't heard anything about a charity auction this year. And it's kind of dwindled in participation over the past few years. If we don't plan on doing one this year, what do you guys think about a forum Secret Santa?
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever