Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
DaydreamStarbeam
8-bit

Re: New Members: Introduce Yourself!

by DaydreamStarbeam Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:38 pm

TL;DR mentally insane creep (me) sees someone from circle they were once in was once active here and got themselves kicked out of, and has to flee as a result - also making a paranoid fool of themselves in this and the Random Gaming Thoughts thread

*EDITED TO REMOVE KF LINK - marurun* Time for me to go, I think. Have a classic example of me being dumb online before my inevitable ban here, might be good humour for you guys...
I feel like I have to retreat when anyone potentially knows me and any of those unforgivable shenanigans I refuse to own up to (because others' accounts of them are far more trustworthy).
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:58 pm

Wait are you the OP of that thread? If so, did you just out yourself as a pedophile?
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:06 pm

Well that sure was an adventure.
marurun

by marurun Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:13 pm

I wouldn't trust kiwifarms to have accurate info on anyone, either shared by others or by posters themselves. The site is evil and will not be linked-to from here.

If anyone is considering driving to drama-town, try PMing me or another mod before you head out.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:26 pm

Neven even heard of that place till now but just looking at that link, it doesn’t seem like a very nice place to be.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
marurun

by marurun Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:34 pm

Gucci wrote:Neven even heard of that place till now but just looking at that link, it doesn’t seem like a very nice place to be.

Harassment from that site and it's members has been blamed for the creator of Higan, among other stuff, committing suicide. Not the first suicide potentially linked to KF harassment, either.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Markies
Next-Gen

by Markies Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:31 pm

Gucci wrote:I’m so incredibly confused…

Reading all of this and I feel so incredibly old and out of touch...

Ack

by Ack Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:31 pm

What did I just read?
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:13 pm

DaydreamStarbeam wrote:Well a lot of the worst/creepy things actually happened in 2018-2020 and not 2014-2015, this year I stayed almost entirely out of public sight just because quite a lot of people who loathe me are inescapable from my interests due to their newfound relevance/prominence. Not that that's bad for them, good luck to them.

There's a lot of people I hurt who never want to see me again anywhere near anyone who is likely to come across those accounts and the communities around them, and given the popularity of said profiles within my interest bubble in general, I have no right to do anything but abide by their words. Not sure why I even joined here now knowing this would eventually kick in...

There's at least two 100+ member Discords where mentioning me in any positive light is an unwritten bannable offence due to what I done around them, and many of the people in those have a 2,000-50,000 following on Twitter now, so they're in the right, and there's clearly a level of justification for this message.

I'm just scared somebody better will run away from wherever because I'm not permabanned at this point (and that I just never manage to not fuck things up), that and I get paranoid/whatever when I know somebody might say something because they're usually right about me being a weird creep regardless of whether I mean any harm or not... that doesn't matter though does it?

Have you tried just getting off the internet for a while?
marurun

by marurun Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:35 pm

They gone. Not a good fit for here at all.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever