Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SheepGoat

Re: New Members: Introduce Yourself!

by SheepGoat Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:43 am

Hello everyone.Found this site on a web search for retro game forums. I am from the mid-western United States. i have a decent collection from NES and onward. looking forward to chatting with all of you.
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:53 am

Welcome, SheepGoat! :D

What is your favorite retro console and why?
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
marurun

by marurun Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:58 am

Hello also from part of the Midwest. And welcome!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Markies
Next-Gen

by Markies Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:17 pm

That is an amazing avatar! :D
SheepGoat

by SheepGoat Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:03 pm

my favorite console....hmm..i would say a toss up between PS1 or dreamcast...the ps1 introduced me to my favorite genre rpgs. that system has so many great ones. dreamcast was the first console i ever got on release and i had so many late nights with friends play PSO on it. great great times.
SheepGoat

by SheepGoat Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:04 pm

Markies wrote:That is an amazing avatar! :D

thanks. Vivi is my favorite character for ff9.
SheepGoat

by SheepGoat Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:05 pm

marurun wrote:Hello also from part of the Midwest. And welcome!

very cool. im from northewestern indiana myself
TheEagleXIII

by TheEagleXIII Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:45 pm

Hey all!

Found the site yesterday morning after Googling "Best 16-Bit Madden" and found the great article by Gunstar Green detailing the history of the series. After checking out the rest of the site, this is seems like a great and interesting community! :)

So I'm early 30s, from the UK and I've been super stoked for months waiting for the Mega Drive/Genesis Mini to come out. We've got to wait an extra 2 weeks for the release, but I've resisted settling for those poorly reviewed Flashback versions for the past 10 years, so 2 weeks extra ain't too bad, I guess! :lol:

My console history; first and briefly was the Atari 2600 before it was replaced by the Mega Drive. My family also had the Atari ST home computer which lasted way longer into the late 90s than it probably ever had any right to! Also had the original Game Boy, I upgraded to a PS1 quite late, and got a Dreamcast cheap when it's days were numbered. Then came the PS2 and finally a 360. Favourite console is the Mega Drive, followed closely by the PS1. Although I wish I'd experienced so much more of the Dreamcast.

I've always kept an interest in classic gaming, but over the past few years I've really started committing to it. Aside from almost total apathy for modern gaming, I missed out on so many great games as a kid, often due to just never being able to find them in the pre-internet days or sticking to mostly similar games and sports titles. I also wasn't the best or most patient gamer either, so I had a lot of games I either struggled to complete or got bored of quick when I got stuck.

So past few years I've really got back into the PS1, been gradually completing/experiencing a few games for the first time. Come October 4th, it'll probably take a backseat for a while! Occasionally I play retro games with my wife, either on PS1 or SNES Classic, which were her childhood consoles.

Buried in a cupboard somewhere we have her original SNES, my original Game Boy, and, criminally, my Dreamcast. I've wanted to hook it up for years but for some reason I've just never got round to it.

Not sure how long/short this shoulda been so, I'll stop there before it becomes my entire life story :wink:
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:03 am

Welcome to the forums! Stay around and post a bit.

Also, Gunstar’s article on the history of the Madden series was amazing. There is so much knowledge here, and it’s a really great place for people passionate about old games.
SheepGoat

by SheepGoat Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:10 pm

Welcome.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever