Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
zcal

Re: New Members: Introduce Yourself!

by zcal Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:15 pm

Hello, all! I've been lurking on and off for a year or two and now here I am. Saw a thread I just had to reply to. :)

I'm a child of the '90s and most of my gaming these days shows it. I'm a junkie for several fighting games and have recently gotten into shmups. I dabble in collecting, which has been rather expensive lately because of the shmups. I'm an emulation and preservation enthusiast hell bent on dumping and cataloging all of my games. It's been a slow process, but I find it gratifying.

I did recently pick up a Switch so I'm not entirely old school. I probably spend more time playing Mario Kart 8 with my four year old than anything else on it, though...
marurun

by marurun Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:38 pm

I just started getting my 4-year-old into Mario Kart 8 with me on Switch. He sucks but he’s slowly improving! It’s fun to watch him hop off the couch and almost turn himself bodily around trying to steer.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
zcal

by zcal Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:46 pm

Mine is totally spoiled on the auto steering and auto throttle. He's more into picking a rider and customizing his cart than anything, although he does really enjoy getting a Bullet Bill. I usually make my objective to try to push him as far up in placing as I can by messing with the CPU racers, tailing him with mushrooms circling me and bumping into him so he boosts, etc.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:13 pm

Gucci wrote:Much appreciated Note. Yeah I still have a few tokens believe it or not. I remember growing up, people would have a few tokens on their key rings. Then people started hording them when they introduced the Metrocards.

I have at least one subway token laying around too. But more importantly, I have a few different style of tokens from the original Chinatown Fair Arcade. Lol.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:15 pm

zcal wrote:Hello, all! I've been lurking on and off for a year or two and now here I am. Saw a thread I just had to reply to. :)

I'm a child of the '90s and most of my gaming these days shows it. I'm a junkie for several fighting games and have recently gotten into shmups. I dabble in collecting, which has been rather expensive lately because of the shmups. I'm an emulation and preservation enthusiast hell bent on dumping and cataloging all of my games. It's been a slow process, but I find it gratifying.

I did recently pick up a Switch so I'm not entirely old school. I probably spend more time playing Mario Kart 8 with my four year old than anything else on it, though...

Welcome to the forum, zcal! I've enjoyed playing some shmups more recently too and although I'm not too good at the genre yet, I was actually able to finish a few last year. Good luck with the preservation project, I'm sure it's time consuming but I think something like that is worth the effort.
zcal

by zcal Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:44 pm

Note wrote:I've enjoyed playing some shmups more recently too and although I'm not too good at the genre yet, I was actually able to finish a few last year.

It's surprised me how deep the gameplay is in many shmups if you look for it. I've set out to learn how to play a few for score (not necessarily to get a high score, mind you, just to know wtf I'm doing) and I spent an hour the other night running a 10 second section in Pulstar over and over again trying to figure out what was accounting for the differences in score accumulation there. :P
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:46 pm

Have you played the new R-Type?
zcal

by zcal Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:05 pm

Final 2? I haven't. Been concentrating on older stuff. I've heard mixed opinions about it, though.

Worthwhile?
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:18 pm

zcal wrote:Final 2? I haven't. Been concentrating on older stuff. I've heard mixed opinions about it, though.

Worthwhile?

It's good for a shmup and a great R-Type game.
Ninjamaster
16-bit

by Ninjamaster Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:26 am

Hello , I decided to reintroduce myself to the community .

My name is Guglielmo from Turin (Italy) and I have been a lifelong fan of Capcom particularly the Resident Evil,Street Fighter,Onimusha series.

I grew up playing and adoring the Pc Engine and SNES,I really have good memories of these consoles.

My fav RE games are:Re 2 (Psx),Re (gamecube) and Re Rebirth (Gamecube)

Been collecting statue/videogames a long time, so it's kind of hard to list out everything I'm into but I'll put forward a few of my absolute series: Zelda,Final Fantasy,Metal Gear Solid,Bayonetta...

Happy to be here! :)
My collection Updated 2021: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31763
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever