Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ziggy587

Re: New Members: Introduce Yourself!

by Ziggy587 Mon May 31, 2021 7:20 am

Welcome! There's lots of SNES, PS2, GBA and PSP fans here. It sounds like you'll fit right in.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Mon May 31, 2021 10:46 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:Welcome! There's lots of SNES, PS2, GBA and PSP fans here. It sounds like you'll fit right in.

Thank you!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Mon May 31, 2021 10:55 pm

Welcome.

Is your avatar from Cobra Kai? My brother LOVES that show. I've only seen bits of it (he'd watch it back when he was crashing on my couch, which is at the foot of my bed), but I think I might watch it after I've seen the films. Does it acknowledge the Hillary Swank one?
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Mon May 31, 2021 11:31 pm

Raging Justice wrote:So yeah, that's a little about me.

Welcome to the forums!

I'm a big fan of beat em ups as well, so it's always awesome to have another user to discuss them with.

Also, your introduction post reminded me that I need to check out Cobra Kai and Mandalorian! That Mr Ballen Youtube channel sounds cool too. I'm a fan of Youtube and seem to watch content on that site more than any other streaming service. Lol.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Mon May 31, 2021 11:39 pm

REPO Man wrote:Welcome.

Is your avatar from Cobra Kai? My brother LOVES that show. I've only seen bits of it (he'd watch it back when he was crashing on my couch, which is at the foot of my bed), but I think I might watch it after I've seen the films. Does it acknowledge the Hillary Swank one?

Yup, the avatar is from Cobra Kai. I was going back and forth on what to use and settled on that since I like the show. It seems like it's gotten very popular. I'm not sure why youtube let go of the show. Now it's on Netflix. I never saw the Hillary Swank movie. She is not in show. However, I think it was said in an interview that her movie is part of the continuity. Therefore, it's certainly possible she could show up at some point.

Seeing the movies first is a good idea, the show draws a lot from them. However, it's pretty accessible to anyone not familiar with the movies as well. I just think familiarity with the movies enhances the experience.

Note wrote:
Raging Justice wrote:So yeah, that's a little about me.

Welcome to the forums!

I'm a big fan of beat em ups as well, so it's always awesome to have another user to discuss them with.

Also, your introduction post reminded me that I need to check out Cobra Kai and Mandalorian! That Mr Ballen Youtube channel sounds cool too. I'm a fan of Youtube and seem to watch content on that site more than any other streaming service. Lol.

Thanks for the warm welcome :D

Cobra Kai is great. It's very easy to binge on. The Mandalorian is too. MrBallen has been helping me get through the boring days when I'm working from home. Fair warning though, some of his stories focus on supernatural things people claim to have experienced. Probably not a channel to listen to at night LOL
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:40 am

Hi everyone! My name is Gucci I've been a long time lurker and decided to join up. Primarily into portables. Heavy into the GBA, DS series, and Sony's two portables. Started branching out into the other lesser known portables. Evercade is a great system! I own the two Lynx carts because that's where my portable journey started in the early 90s. Recently, a guide on the main page about the retro releases on the PSP, made me seek out some of the Shmup compilations, especially the ones not released in the States.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:51 pm

Ah, another NYC resident! Welcome!
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:41 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:28 pm

Gucci wrote:Hi everyone! My name is Gucci I've been a long time lurker and decided to join up. Primarily into portables. Heavy into the GBA, DS series, and Sony's two portables. Started branching out into the other lesser known portables. Evercade is a great system! I own the two Lynx carts because that's where my portable journey started in the early 90s. Recently, a guide on the main page about the retro releases on the PSP, made me seek out some of the Shmup compilations, especially the ones not released in the States.

Welcome to the forum! Like Ziggy mentioned, it's great to see someone else from NYC on the site! Portables are definitely a smart thing to be into living in the boroughs.

Great avatar with the subway token too.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:00 am

Much appreciated Note. Yeah I still have a few tokens believe it or not. I remember growing up, people would have a few tokens on their key rings. Then people started hording them when they introduced the Metrocards.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever