New Members: Introduce Yourself!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ziggy

Re: New Members: Introduce Yourself!

Post by Ziggy »

Nessark wrote:After years of lurking and consulting the guides on the site, I finally joined the forum, which makes me very happy because finding a retrogaming enthusiast forum in 2022 has become very difficult.

Well look no further, and welcome!

If you're a fan of the SNES and Dreamcast, then you definitely wont have any trouble fitting in here!
marurun

Post by marurun »

Welcome Nessark. We definitely need more Dreamcast talk 'round these parts.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Welcome to the forum, Nessark! Super Nintendo and Dreamcast are two of my favorite consoles as well. Always good to have some Dreamcast discussion.

Awesome to have another international member as well. I had the opportunity to go to Rome back in 2006 and really enjoyed it. I didn't make it to any video game stores while I was there though. Looking back on it, that was a poor decision!

Look forward to chatting games with you.
KiddMarine

Post by KiddMarine »

Hello everyone! I've also been a lurker for a while, but I figured it's finally time I signed up and subjected everyone to my thoughts and opinions!

I love pretty much every retro system, but I'm a real sucker for the Saturn and Dreamcast, they're just special machines, you know?

Also if you're looking for someone to bore you about retro anime, I'm your man!
8bit
Next-Gen

Post by 8bit »

KiddMarine wrote:Hello everyone! I've also been a lurker for a while, but I figured it's finally time I signed up and subjected everyone to my thoughts and opinions!

I love pretty much every retro system, but I'm a real sucker for the Saturn and Dreamcast, they're just special machines, you know?

Welcome! Saturn and DC are special machines indeed. In fact I've just finished modding my Sega Saturn with a MODE ODE and am enjoying the crap out of it again at the moment. Do you collect or emulate more these days? I still do both but find myself using things like ode and flash carts wayyy more these days.
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

If I still had my Saturn and Dreamcast I'd install an ODE in each and throw in an HDMI mod. Also I'd get two multitaps for the Saturn.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Yes, I too have a Fenrir in a Saturn and a MODE in a Dreamcast. I also have duplicates of those consoles that still have their optical drives, but I'm finding that the ODEs are making me lazy!
KiddMarine

Post by KiddMarine »

8bit wrote:
KiddMarine wrote:Hello everyone! I've also been a lurker for a while, but I figured it's finally time I signed up and subjected everyone to my thoughts and opinions!

Welcome! Saturn and DC are special machines indeed. In fact I've just finished modding my Sega Saturn with a MODE ODE and am enjoying the crap out of it again at the moment. Do you collect or emulate more these days? I still do both but find myself using things like ode and flash carts wayyy more these days.

Thanks for the welcome! I held out as long as I could, but I have to admit that I emulate more these days :lol: It's just so much easier and I don't have the space any more. Now I know how my dad felt when he boxed up all his old records and I got him an iPod. It's not the same! But it's so much more convenient! :lol:
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

KiddMarine wrote:
8bit wrote:

Thanks for the welcome! I held out as long as I could, but I have to admit that I emulate more these days :lol: It's just so much easier and I don't have the space any more. Now I know how my dad felt when he boxed up all his old records and I got him an iPod. It's not the same! But it's so much more convenient! :lol:

Me too! It’s fine. Join us in the “games beaten” thread. It’s a great place to talk about old and new games.

Oh…and welcome!
FireArm

Post by FireArm »

Hello, I am new commer to talk about video games. I know how cruel fate can be because my first home console was the CDI, but after that, I acquired a Playstation, and when it launched, the PS2 (my all-time favorite console, but mostly because of the backwards compatibility). I prefer platformers, the occasional shmup (though I'm not very good at them! ), and games that are unusual, bizarre, and just plain weird.