The Walking Dead tv series

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: The Walking Dead tv series

Post by Fragems »

Was so expecting something of significance to happen given it was a 90 minute episode what a troll :lol: . Really riding the hype train with that death sequence from the previous episode I guess hopefully they resolve it next episode, but I could see them screwing around for the rest of the season just to keep people guessing and speculating. Not a bad way to ensure consistent viewer levels, but kind of annoying as a viewer.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

A one hour stick lesson. I did like the cage story.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Yeah the cage story was great :lol: .
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

It was like an 80s martial arts movie, like a Van Damme movie, but without the big showdown or tournament at the end.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

I liked the episode, but that bite was lame and utterly avoidable.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Pulsar_t wrote:I liked the episode, but that bite was lame and utterly avoidable.

Really grabbing your buddy and spinning your back to a zombie is the only way to go in that situation :lol: . What would you expect it's not like he was holding a 4 foot stick he could have smacked him away with.

Honestly I have more sympathy for Tabitha.

Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I got more entertainment value out of 30 minutes of Ash vs Evil Dead this weekend than I did this 90 minute snooze fest

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

So they made one of the most boring episodes of the show the longest, great idea!
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

You guys are silly. Exceptional episode with incredible moments.

This show is what people with a functioning mind call "a series". Perhaps you are not familiar with it, or need to get "your head checked".

A series is usually based on character pieces, so we get to know and care about the characters, This is called "character development". Character development is used for you to relate to the character, whether you like them or not. Each character is basically a premise, and as the premise progresses it is followed by an action, a callback to an action, followed by a tag. These can also be called arcs, but that's usually reserved to define an episode not a character, but in TWD it works more like a soap opera, which it is and where the progression of the story is based on the characters and not dumb zombie killing stuff.

We know the premise of Morgan. The action is his relationship with Eastman. Callback was Morgan's interaction with a wolf. The tag, or payoff, will follow. The episode was way more than clever, and dragged for a reason. Stalling was a part of it, and it was done brilliantly.

My only gripe would be the repetition of "Kill me!", but it did pan out as Eastman's magnanimous personality was near insane. The symbolism of the cage, which seems to be lost on most, was great. Morgan is free to leave as the cage is never locked, but Morgan struggles to decide if he'd rather die, stay safe in the cage, or try to escape.

Mountain out of a mole hill, but I love this show when it asks "What would you do?" rather than the run of the mill "boom boom bang bang! bunch of zombies and shit!" story.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Still boring to watch, no matter how you spin it.