Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by REPO Man Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:44 pm

:D About to head over to my brother's ex-girlfriend's house for Christmas Eve and morning. My youngest niece got a guitar (not from me) and my brother's ex-girlfriend recently took a trip to Florida.

I got them Genesis Minis (one for my brother's ex-girlfriend's kids and one for his wife's kids). Basically anything I bought I had to buy twice.

I also got them Detective Pikachu, Pokemon: The First Movie and a stuffed Pikachu for each of the babies.

And a few books, some DVDs and the Dungeon Madness card game and the Jumanji board game along with the book and movie (the Robin Williams one).
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:14 pm

:D God, I forgot what being around so many kids is like! But the kids liked their presents.

As I said before I got them:

:arrow: A Genesis Mini. Though one of my nieces thought at first she'd be able to play Fortnite on it. :lol:
:arrow: The Flintstones movie, with John Goodman and Rick Moranis.
:arrow: A collection of Flintstones specials and made-for-TV movies. It includes the one where Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm get married and the crossover with The Jetsons and that WWE one. Remember when WWE crossed over with The Flintstones, The Jetsons AND Scooby-Doo?
:arrow: Detective Pikachu and Pokemon: The First Movie, both on DVD
:arrow: Jumanji, the book, game and movie (the Robin Williams one)
:arrow: Doctor Who: The Weeping Angels, a themed Doctor Who collection I found at the Dollar Tree, along with a collection of old public domain cartoons and what I thought was a made-for-TV movie on the BBC modeled after "Night at the Museum" but was actually every episode (13 or so) of a children's game show.
:arrow: Matilda and Harriet the Spy, both on DVD and the books they're based on
:arrow: Dungeon Madness, a card game based on Dungeons and Dragons
:arrow: Jesus Christ Superstar: Live Arena Tour, which featured Tim Minchin and Melanie C (aka Sporty Spice) as Judas and Mary Magdalene, respectively. I got them the 1973 film adaptation of JCS last year.
:arrow: The Jetsons Movie
:arrow: Royal Institute of Magic: Elizabeth's Legacy by Victor Kloss, which I image the kids will like given its similarities to Harry Potter
:arrow: A stuffed Pikachu wearing a Santa hat for each of the babies, my brother's ex-girlfriend's daughter "Zelda" and my sister-in-law's son "Link". That's not their actual names, though Link WAS wearing a festive green outfit.

My brother also got his daughters prepaid cell phones. They were EXTREMELY excited.

And last night, while the island was in the grips of a tornado warning, yours truly plugged his Roku into the living room TV and put on some Christmas specials for the kids while I baked cookies. Aside from chocolate-chip cookies, I also made for peanut-butter cookies (with six I wrapped the dough around a Reese's miniature cup with Reese's Pieces, while with the other six I used miniature Milky Ways) that were VERY well-received. :D
And then I did the same with chocolate-chip cookie dough but I accidentally burned them. :cry:

Around midnight I went to bed, or should I say cot, since like last year my mom set up a cot in her room for me to sleep on. But because it was in the 60s last night, and the temperature steadily dropped overnight, I slept under the covers instead of using them as a makeshift mattress. So suffice it to say, I slept like shit.

And it didn't help matters that while we slept a tornado swept through Hatteras Island. :shock:

I also got a couple of Visa Gift Cards (one's worth $25 and the other one didn't say), a $25 Amazon gift card and some Bluetooth earbuds (to help replace the Tozo-brand ersatz Airpods that accidentally went through the wash at my uncle and aunt's house).
PretentiousHipster
128-bit

by PretentiousHipster Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:21 pm

MF Doom died :(
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:09 pm

PretentiousHipster wrote:MF Doom died :(

So upset, I got a giant tat of his mask on my leg. Can't believe it, he was so young.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:21 pm

PretentiousHipster wrote:MF Doom died :(

Fuck
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:55 pm

So he died in October? Word traveled slow
Ack

by Ack Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:24 pm

Apparently his wife didn't formally make an announcement until a couple of days ago.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:05 pm

Ack wrote:Apparently his wife didn't formally make an announcement until a couple of days ago.

Sounds strange. Like nobody tried to call/text/drop by, anything, for 2 months? You're pretty well known in the industry. Ok, I guess.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:14 pm

:| Finally decide to start looking for a shrink again- the only ones with openings are, of course, the ones I’ve quit before.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:32 pm

:D I own 11 shares in gamestop right now. Looking like I'll be going to japan on wallstreet's dime.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever