Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by marurun Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:04 pm

You’re an adult. Read up a little on sink plumbing and take a look at it with your own eyes. I try not to mess with plumbing when I can help it, but I can afford a plumber. And when I couldn’t afford or wait, I’d get under there myself.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

by Ack Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:09 am

...how long did you not clean your food processor after using it?
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:18 am

marurun wrote:You’re an adult. Read up a little on sink plumbing and take a look at it with your own eyes. I try not to mess with plumbing when I can help it, but I can afford a plumber. And when I couldn’t afford or wait, I’d get under there myself.

Aside from the fact that this is my landlord's responsibility (who ironically would also ask my dad, since my dad does work for him and his family), if I fuck it up, it's on me. Plus, between two jobs I don't even have time to do my own laundry. And if I did there's no washing machine at my place or even a laundromat nearby.

Also, I may or may not have mentioned this, but my place literally used to be a shed. The fact that it's livable is a miracle.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:33 am

My lease is signed, I move August 19th and 1 week later I will be 21. Been lifting (basically) every day for the past month in preparation for college and the results are already somewhat apparent. Also trying to grow my beard out, so by this time next year I'll look like buff Jesus Christ/ John Lennon :lol:
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
This account isn't used much anymore. You can find me on reddit and steam @ SamuraiMegas as well.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:52 pm

REPO Man wrote: :cry: Sink's still fucked up. I can still wash dishes but the pipes aren't secured right so I have to hope I can get the bucket under my sink dumped before it overflows. Really gotta get my dad to fix it, but he says there's a problem under the house that he has to fix first.

Wait, is it just an issue with the white PVC pipes? This could just be something that needs to be tightened. Otherwise, buy some slip joint nuts with washers (these are like $2.50 each) and replace the old ones. If, by some chance, you have an old style drum trap that's leaking you'll need to replace thread tape.

If you have something like a spray nozzle that's leaking then buy some packs of miscellaneous washers and o-rings, dismantle the device, and replace as necessary.

You can do it REPO.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:31 pm

It's pretty easy to just piece together PVC and replace what's under the sink. Pay attention to the plastic washer direction, you can use teflon tape with the joints, dont crossthread the plastic nuts..etc, its pretty easy. I'm imagining some fucked up rigged shit though by the sounds of this place. I'd get it fixed now, you dont want bugs or rotted cabinets
opa
64-bit

by opa Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:03 pm

Smile/Ticked/Confused/LOL:

I ordered some household stuff from walmart .com. Nothing unusual. Cleaner, house stuff, etc. Nothing I need right now so I was okay waiting on the free shipping. Box shows up today. I didn't get my order. What did I get instead you may be wondering?
Make-up wipes and three bottles of laxatives!!!

I call walmart up, tell the lady what I got instead, and she busts out laughing. This has been a fun mistake. They're sending me a replacement order. Not sure what I'm gonna do with this stuff. lol

edited out link. wasn't aware the forum auto-links a website
Last edited by opa on Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ack

by Ack Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:18 pm

opa wrote:Not sure what I'm gonna do with this stuff. lol

Clean up both ends?
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:21 pm

Been feeling absolutely terrible lately. I think a lot of it is not being able to get out and about besides work, although I still get out of the house about the same amount as I did before. :lol: I don’t want to deal with getting a new shrink again, so I guess I’ll just have to find a way to keep myself distracted. It’s just hard when all the work is dried up and I end up spending a bunch of time on my dating apps and getting worked up over that.

But in good news, me moving to being an operator is fully solidified, so that’s a guaranteed raise and physically easier work. Still not exactly what I want to be doing, but the job isn’t demanding and I’m making more than most people I know my age, plus I still have a job, so overall it’s good. Maybe when the virus quits in another year or however long I can start looking for a new job. :lol:
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
PresidentLeever
Next-Gen

by PresidentLeever Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:53 pm

Smile: Received a donation for my work on the platform adventure site!
Tick: My daily walk/run got interrupted by rain twice and my acid reflux issues are affecting my sleep
http://minirevver.weebly.com/ - Mini-reviews, retro vgm tribute, rom hacks, chip music, mockups, misc. lists
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever