What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by REPO Man »

:D Wrapped more presents. I'd have kept going because I still have a few things left, but I'm out of wrapping paper. I get paid tomorrow, so I'll grab another roll tomorrow.

And since you love tape talk so much...

At some point I had to reach for a second roll of Scotch-brand Magic Tape.

Also gotta figure out what Funko Pops to get Paulina, Peach, Daisy and Rosalina and pick up a copy of Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass for them. I bought the boys, Mario and Luigi, two Power Rangers graphic novels and so I figured I'd get the girls two graphic novels. I already got them Gotham High.

After that, and possibly a Murder, She Wrote DVD boxset for my mom, I'm (hopefully) going to call it quits on my shopping. Unless I find two copies of Last Action Hero for no more than $10 each.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I sort of got promoted yesterday. Coworker quit, so I am now in charge of the majority of Texas - from the Oklahoma state line to Houston. I'll be training the new hires whenever we get them too, which is when I'll get a raise. Megas stocks are up :mrgreen: :!:
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
marurun

Post by marurun »

Woohoo! Go Megas!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

Post by Ack »

SamuraiMegas wrote:I sort of got promoted yesterday. Coworker quit, so I am now in charge of the majority of Texas - from the Oklahoma state line to Houston. I'll be training the new hires whenever we get them too, which is when I'll get a raise. Megas stocks are up :mrgreen: :!:

Nice, dude! Congratulations!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Damn. When one of the other QAs at Food Lion quit, all I got way an extra shift per week. And since they hired a new QA I'm back to 5 days a week. And speaking of 5, I got that many hours cut from my week. Down from 7 hours a day last week to six this week, though I don't have to clock out for a 30 minute lunch.

:) Got the last of the presents wrapped. I used a whole 20ft² roll, counting the scraps I couldn't use for anything.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

Flake wrote:
Sload Soap wrote:A lot of classism directed at old Repo here from some people who should know better. Yikes.

"Shit or get off the pot" is not classism.

Given the context it pretty much is. It's like Rod Dreher lite.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Sload Soap wrote:
Flake wrote:
Sload Soap wrote:A lot of classism directed at old Repo here from some people who should know better. Yikes.

"Shit or get off the pot" is not classism.

Given the context it pretty much is. It's like Rod Dreher lite.

If anything you could argue that classism is what caused REPO to go for this NYC dream. The hopes of going into an industry that he has no knowledge and experience in by doing an extremely risky endeavor. Because we all know that those few billionaires got there from the ground up, so it can happen to anyone, right? ... wait, they had capital and free office space, or connections to start that business? Meh, minor details, anyone can still do it.

I already gave my psychological reason of why he is doing this, and besides that, lots of forum members in the past have given more realistic solutions as to how to acquire that dream. Cheaper cities for example, hell, even multiple cities in his own state where he would have a much larger chance to achieve it.

Any hint of irony was also lost when he would say inspiration quotes like "GET UP AND GET BUSY" while still doing nothing. Also the posts where he would call his city a cultural wasteland with a complete dismissal of how the people are, and how they don't hold up to his standards.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Thanks guys. It's crazy how well the job has been working out though there's definitely been hiccups. At this rate I'll be making 100k by this time next year, and life will finally be easy :D

My BST Thread
marurun

Post by marurun »

SamuraiMegas wrote:and life will finally be easy :D

This is not ever a thing that happens, sadly.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I don't agree, partially cause I don't plan on having kids. All my worries nowadays are financial. I know lifestyle creep sets in for a lot of people but I'm a very frugal person and keep it in check and have been steadily building savings. Living below my means for a few years will let me buy a house in cash by ~26 if I choose to, though I don't plan on owning a home for a while.

My BST Thread