What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by PretentiousHipster »

stickem wrote:
PretentiousHipster wrote:Looks like there are early signs of kidney disease. It's not enough to be super worried about, but I am still getting it checked up with an ultrasound. The problem is that I only have one kidney. I take medications that can cause liver and kidney issues as well.

Honestly, it's at the point where I might ask my psychiatrist about electroshock therapy. Meds would be gone or less frequent, and apparently if successful it is SUPER successful. The problem is that memory loss is a frequent side effect of it.

How was that pinpointed, creatinine levels high? Do you have high blood pressure as well?

Blood pressure is fine. Creatinine is high and EGFR is low. It's not like sound the alarms bad but considering I have one and meds might be to blame for it they are worried.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I got the call 2 times, within the last 4 years, after blood work that my creatinine level was kidney failure high. After seeing a nephrologist every 3 months for more blood work and an ultrasound, they never could figure out the reason. It just returned to normal. I did have a little high blood pressure, which can effect the kidneys. Never had protein in my urine. Was taking whey protein shakes daily, creatine ever so often and a bang before workouts I had to quit. Been healthy all my life and once I hit 45, the check engine light seems to come on. Hope everything works out.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

So weird how it can work and just go away. I take protein bars daily too so I wonder if that's a factor.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Who knows, I guess everybody's body handles things different. I was asked how much protein I consume and I said, well I weigh 195, so I try to get in 195 grams a day. That's pretty standard for gym people. I was told to cut that down and throw the protein powder in the trash. The whole thing scared the shit out of me so that's what I did. Guess everybody else in the gym can handle something so tame, as far as supps go, but me lol.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

I’m not discounting or ignoring the health complications of our fellow members but the 2 1/2 pages after my post a day ago was some crazy shit man :shock:
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Yesterday was pretty crazy. First, apparently there was an issue with a power line and they had to cut off the power, and naturally I only found out about it AFTER the power went out. Basically I took out my phone and checked Facebook (unlimited data plan, FYI) and that's how I found out. I casually mentioned how a text message would be better since the information would get to everyone more efficiently. I mean, the FB post only helps those who see it.

And then a few hours later the internet goes out, along with my cell phone service. Turns out it was island-wide, which I figured was the case when I went to stop into a convenience store on my way to a 6-close shift at Cups and Cones and saw a sign on the door saying "Cash Only". And when I get to work, I find out that since it was so slow they would have given me the night off if they were able to get ahold of me. We did decent business, though.

As for it being Friday the 13th, I reached for my Blu-Ray box set from Shout! Factory and put in Part 5 before work and then Part 6 after.

Thankfully the internet and cell service came back some time before I woke up this morning.

So how was everyone else's Friday the 13th?
Ack

Post by Ack »

So how did you watch movies with no power?
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

The power came back on after less than an hour. Thought I mentioned that.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Dear diary…
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

I had Jason as my Zoom background for my daily 9AM meetings yesterday for Friday the 13th.

It was well received.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!