Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by ElkinFencer10 Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:36 pm

So my Twitter account got permanently suspended....because I said in a comment to the official Stranger Things Writers account that they should kill off the basketball team in Season Five. My account was permanently suspended for advocating violence. I submitted an appeal twice saying "These are not real people. They are fictional characters in a television show." Both appeals got rejected. So to a new account it is!
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Golgo 14
128-bit

by Golgo 14 Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:46 pm

I've been catsitting in Oakland this past week, and someone put a CRT out on the sidewalk. It looks like I'll finally be able to fire up my 7800 that Ziggy fixed up for me last year!

marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:27 am

LOL

They're Heeeere!

Awesome score! Plan on using any other consoles on it other than the 7800?
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:57 pm

https://youtu.be/5DHXpyLc5vA
I made a new friend who has an SP404 and we've been practicing music pretty hard. Took a video of us doing some call & response with me on the deck and my friend Hyde on his SP.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Golgo 14
128-bit

by Golgo 14 Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:04 am

Ziggy587 wrote:Awesome score! Plan on using any other consoles on it other than the 7800?

Thanks! I'd like to have the 7800 and my SNES hooked up all the time, since those are my two favorite consoles. I'll use s-video for those two. The tv also has component, so I'd like to use my Wii that way, especially with its great selection of solid emulators. And then I can just break out any of my other retro consoles whenever I feel like it: NES, Genesis, Jaguar, PS1, and Dreamcast. Basically, if it happened in the 20th century, it's happening here!
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:19 am

Golgo 14 wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:Awesome score! Plan on using any other consoles on it other than the 7800?

Thanks! I'd like to have the 7800 and my SNES hooked up all the time, since those are my two favorite consoles. I'll use s-video for those two. The tv also has component, so I'd like to use my Wii that way, especially with its great selection of solid emulators. And then I can just break out any of my other retro consoles whenever I feel like it: NES, Genesis, Jaguar, PS1, and Dreamcast. Basically, if it happened in the 20th century, it's happening here!

Sounds awesome, man!

Not sure how many component inputs that TV has, or if you'd even need more than one, but I recently purchased this component switch box and it's works perfectly!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M4LOU12/

It's passive, which is why I got it (low chance of issues).

The PS2 would be great over component, or those nifty HD Retrovision cables.

There are similar ones on Amazon for S-Video and composite, if you need it.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Golgo 14
128-bit

by Golgo 14 Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:34 pm

Thanks, Ziggy! That actually is helpful as the tv only has one input for component, and now I'm thinking I'd like to have both the Wii and my Genesis hooked up that way. Things are shaping up!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:15 pm

Recently got three of the four titles I ordered from Sentai Filmworks' Summer Sale. Angelic Layer was backordered, so I didn't get it yet. But I did get DiGi Charat and the complete Patlabor box set, the only item I ordered that was not under $10. I also bought a series called Nurse Witch Komugi R, a magical girl anime about an aspiring idol who becomes a magical nurse.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

by Nemoide Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:27 pm

I ordered a bunch of stuff from Sentai's summer sale, including all the available Garo live-action blu-rays. Unfortunately I've discovered that the first volume of the first series has become fabulously rare. :/
I liked the original Nurse Witch Komugi when I first saw it but when I rewatched it a couple years ago, it didn't appeal to me as much. IDK about how R stacks up but it didn't look like a show that was trying to go for the nutzoid comedy of the original. They're both extremely loosely inspired by a series called SoulTaker which is a pretty bland dark edgy Tatsunoko hero show.
I hope you like Patlabor though! I love the OVA series and movies (haven't watched the TV show yet).
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:54 pm

Sadly, I didn't know Nurse Witch Komugi R was part of a bigger franchise until after I reread the back of the box.

:D Cooling off a bit. Not a whole lot but the heat index isn't in the upper 90s anymore.

:D I'm now only six weeks behind on my rent. I decided that for August in lieu of just paying 560 from each of my Food Lion paychecks and using my Muffins and Scones paychecks to pay my bills and generally dick around, I've decided to pay 420 (hehe) out of every Food Lion and Muffins and Scones paychecks. Basically I'll be paid up by the 24th and if what I've heard is true I'll still be getting hours from Muffins and Scones in the fall and winter.

:arrow: Started planning my Christmas shopping. For the kids I'm mostly focusing on books and tabletop games with a handful of films, mostly Ghibli stuff. I'm going to do my usual plan of buying a few things here and there.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever