Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by PretentiousHipster Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:05 pm

YouTube honestly has tutorials for everything too. I didn't know shit about stuff like furnitures and installing ACs but even just from practice I was able to figure out solutions to them just from experience. Honestly, when I was studying in university I trusted YouTube tutorials more than my profs lol
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:25 pm

I'd probably have an easier time asking the landlord to fix it if I wasn't behind on my rent.

Speaking of which…

:D You know how I was $700 behind? Now I'm only $560 behind! And I get paid from Food Lion on Wednesday (whole day off!) so I can probably pay another week's worth of back rent when I pay that week's and the following week's rent, which FYI is…

:lol: $420!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:17 pm

:shock: Water main busted south of Avon!

I naturally find this out after I get to Duck Donuts this morning, which is when I'm told we're closed because of the water main. Naturally I find out the manager sent a notice on FB Messenger between my mom picking me up and dropping me off at Food Lion (I skipped breakfast so I was gonna grab something to eat so I don't just end up eating only donuts, which is impossible to do depending on how busy we are).

So after getting back home, I took a quick nap, which I'm surprised I was able to do given the fact that I drank a can of Reign before work and that basically put 300mg of caffeine in my system.

And I still have to work Food Lion tonight and apparently it's so busy that people had to park in the Dollar Tree parking lot.

:) Bought myself and my brother an onn.-brand Android TV device ($30 each). His birthday's coming up and he said he wanted something to play games on and according to ETA Prime it should run a decent number of games and do a great job of emulating Dreamcast and most PSP games. It was literally cheaper than buying a Playstation Classic, and more useful too. And before you ask, I think my old PS Classic is fucked up but I don't know what exactly it is. Plus this device can also stream movies and surf the internet and shit.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

by Sload Soap Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:33 pm

:) Put £50 in my London fund. Only £24,550 to go.

:) Found a cheap 4K Hisense TV for only £600 at CEX. Post-Brexit that's a great price so had to grab it.

:( A pigeon stole my favourite bowler hat and won't give it back.

:) Can't wait to live in London and do the same work but ten times harder for the same pay. Bliss.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:00 pm

Sload Soap wrote::( A pigeon stole my favourite bowler hat and won't give it back.

There's a story there.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

by Sload Soap Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:31 pm

REPO Man wrote:
Sload Soap wrote::( A pigeon stole my favourite bowler hat and won't give it back.

There's a story there.

:evil: The pigeon has now moved his wife into my hat. Can't see me getting this back anytime soon. Very annoyed as it's my London hat.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:29 pm

Maybe he'll give it back if you get him a hydrofoil. IIRC just give him a suitcase and he'll think it's a hydrofoil.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:37 am

:D Ending the school year on Friday; I can finally take a break.

:cry: Allergies.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:23 pm

Nothing induces rage more than traveling by car to a big city during the weekday. Case and point: had to drive to Manhattan this morning. There’s a notorious highway called the Brooklyn Queens Expressway. The pattern from three lanes going into two lanes and back to three causes problems all the time. Also today was the first official day where lockdowns were lifted across the five boroughs. Everyone was out!

The good happy thing today was that I visited this boutique candle store in Brooklyn.

I’m kind of a candle nerd…
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:58 pm

I always thought that no one drove in New York because there was too much traffic. And that those that did mostly did so for work.

Other than that...

:D went up the beach for the first time since late 2019. Went to Walmart and bought two pairs of black pants to wear at Food Lion as per the dress code (they didn't fit), two pairs of khaki shorts to wear at Duck Donuts as per their dress code (they DID fit), some Playstation-themed dress socks, a box of Kellogg's Together cereal (limited time for Pride Month), a box of 48 Pop Tarts (really 4 12-packs), some Little Debbie Cosmic Brownie cereal, a USB hub for my computer, a belt and some Yakisoba noodles (they're 9cents cheaper than Food Lion).

:cry: My youngest nibling is in the hospital. Little guy just turned a year old some time ago.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever