Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by REPO Man Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:39 pm

SamuraiMegas wrote:If I have any more maintenance issues I definitely won't have to sit around waiting for shit to get fixed again, lol

Lucky! My kitchen sink has been fucked up for almost three years now, which is just a few months shy of how long I've lived in my place. I literally use plastic cups and silverware and paper plates. Thankfully what little I do have that needs to be washed I can just do in the bathroom sink. I use that stuff Dawn makes that you spray on.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:14 pm

^is it a clogged up line issue or a PVC leak issue? Why can't whoever you rent from fix it? And if not I'd be redoing that pvc to use my dam kitchen sink if that the only problem. It's not rocket science.
marurun

by marurun Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:18 pm

stickem wrote:^is it a clogged up line issue or a PVC leak issue? Why can't whoever you rent from fix it? And if not I'd be redoing that pvc to use my dam kitchen sink if that the only problem. It's not rocket science.

Asking REPO to do something reasonable to further his own interests is kind of a non-starter around these parts.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:24 pm

marurun wrote:
stickem wrote:^is it a clogged up line issue or a PVC leak issue? Why can't whoever you rent from fix it? And if not I'd be redoing that pvc to use my dam kitchen sink if that the only problem. It's not rocket science.

Asking REPO to do something reasonable to further his own interests is kind of a non-starter around these parts.

Thar seems to be the case lol. I don't get it, but whatever
MrPopo

by MrPopo Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:27 pm

He puts forth a lot of effort to not put forth productive effort.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:33 pm

REPO Man wrote:
SamuraiMegas wrote:If I have any more maintenance issues I definitely won't have to sit around waiting for shit to get fixed again, lol

Lucky! My kitchen sink has been fucked up for almost three years now, which is just a few months shy of how long I've lived in my place. I literally use plastic cups and silverware and paper plates. Thankfully what little I do have that needs to be washed I can just do in the bathroom sink. I use that stuff Dawn makes that you spray on.

For the love of God dude....... fix the damn sink.

Tell us what's wrong and we'll tell you what to do. Good chance the problem can be remedied in 20 minutes. I'm no plumber but I did the faucet/toilet installs in this house and rebuilt the undersink drainage in the kitchen. What's the issue?
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:04 pm

MrPopo wrote:…a lot of effort to not put forth productive effort.

I think we call that “goldbricking” in my office. A word used often to describe my work ethic from time to time.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:24 pm

If I mess with the sink and fuck it up, it's me who's going to be in deep shit. And it's two problems. One is the tap drips when the hot water isn't turned on. Basically to stop the drip I have to go under the sink and turn the knob that connects it to the hot water. The second is the sink's drain isn't connected to the pipe, so if too much water goes down the drain it leaks.

My brother looked at it and found out that the pipe doesn't drain out right and there was a nasty clog that smelled like death. Ever see Return of the Living Dead? The clog reminded me of the Tarman. I'd show you pictures but I'm at work right now.

Plus fixing this shit shouldn't be on me. It's the landlord's responsibility since it's his house.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:36 pm

And why wont the landlord fix it? You shouldn't have to put up with that. sounds like he needs an auger for the clog, a new o-ring for the hot water knob on the faucet, and reconstruct the pvc. The last 2 are easy but you shouldn't have to rent an auger for 50 bucks and "hope" you clear the clog, and it may be something you couldn't even clear with it. Dude should call rotoroter and be done with it.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:51 pm

stickem wrote:And why wont the landlord fix it? You shouldn't have to put up with that, sounds like he needs an auger for the clog, a new o-ring for the hot water knob on the faucet, and reconstruct the pvc.

Agree 100%.

It’s on the landlord to fix that. That said…I know you don’t have a lot of bargaining power, REPO, and there probably aren’t a whole lot of places that will rent to you on Hatteras Island. If you get a chance, you should look for another place to live. If not, keep pressure on the landlord to fix this or, alternatively, learn to fix it yourself, fix it, and subtract the cost of repairs (including labor!) from your rent one month. (Also, REPO, the sink’s already broken. What will be on you, exactly, if you try to fix it and fail?)

You’ll have a retort, no doubt, but these are the types of things you have to learn how to do if you’re ever going to live anywhere else or work in filmmaking. When you’re making that awesome I did movie, no one is going to come and fix something for you when it breaks. You’ll have to do it yourself. So, try to consider learning to fix the sink “practice” for all of the hard things you’ll have to learn to reach your dreams. You can do it, REPO! Take just a few minutes of that time you’re creating Simpson’s memes, funding random games on Kickstarter, or dreaming about life in the big city, and learn to perform a basic mechanical task!
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever