Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by SamuraiMegas Wed May 18, 2022 12:41 pm

I sent in my information to the local Masonic lodge. I was looking at my grandparents Mason rings and realized I should try to carry on the tradition. If there's any masons on here feel free to shoot me a PM, I still have questions on what I've signed myself up for lol.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Thu May 19, 2022 12:21 am

SamuraiMegas wrote:I sent in my information to the local Masonic lodge. I was looking at my grandparents Mason rings and realized I should try to carry on the tradition. If there's any masons on here feel free to shoot me a PM, I still have questions on what I've signed myself up for lol.

You're having a wild summer, Megas! First, you were dealing cards in the trap and now you're clicking up with the Free Masons.

I've heard of the organization, but don't know much about it. You'll have to let us know if they get back to you. Lol.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Thu May 19, 2022 1:58 am

Honestly, my new years resolution was to lead a more interesting life in general. I've been sticking to it well. I'm disappointed with myself if I don't have at least one new crazy story/cool event a day. It's forced me to get out the house way more and I'm experiencing a lot of new things. I'm much happier because of it.

My BST Thread
Golgo 14
128-bit

by Golgo 14 Thu May 19, 2022 3:38 am

Found this a while ago when we were going through some of my grandfather's things.

I'm not much of a joiner though.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Thu May 19, 2022 3:48 am

I'm not even 100% I'll end up joining right now, but I do want to check it out. I'm a very social person so the idea of joining a social club just makes sense to me.

My BST Thread
opa
128-bit

by opa Thu May 19, 2022 8:48 am

Smile: going back to school to get certifications in IT. I'm pretty unhappy where I am now and I'm ready for a change. I'm usually the one fixing computer issues (rather than waiting on IT to come fix something). It dawned on me that I should be getting paid for this so I applied at the local community college yesterday. Just waiting to get some paperwork sorted out and then I can get advised.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Thu May 19, 2022 11:43 am

opa wrote:Smile: going back to school to get certifications in IT. I'm pretty unhappy where I am now and I'm ready for a change. I'm usually the one fixing computer issues (rather than waiting on IT to come fix something). It dawned on me that I should be getting paid for this so I applied at the local community college yesterday. Just waiting to get some paperwork sorted out and then I can get advised.

Look into Google's IT certification program! They also have an adsense program I think.

My BST Thread
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Thu May 19, 2022 9:15 pm

SamuraiMegas wrote:Honestly, my new years resolution was to lead a more interesting life in general. I've been sticking to it well. I'm disappointed with myself if I don't have at least one new crazy story/cool event a day. It's forced me to get out the house way more and I'm experiencing a lot of new things. I'm much happier because of it.

That sounds like a good approach. Do what makes you happy! Live it up, check out different things, and try to meet people from different scenes.

I pretty much spent my 20s enjoying downtown, taking advantage of the night life, meeting and hanging with people from all walks of life, and exploring my city. It was a lot of fun and I have a ton of good stories and memories from it. Can't say I regret it at all.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Thu May 19, 2022 10:31 pm

I've definitely been enjoying going down to the bars. I live a mile away from the bar street/my favorite bar and I'm usually up there like 3-5 days a week. I skate around for a bit, go grab a single beer (or two if I run into a friend) and hang out for a few hours before heading home. Met a lot of friends and I finally feel like Denton is my home. Life's been going better than it pretty much ever has.

My BST Thread
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Fri May 20, 2022 6:25 am

SM, I found you! Don't deny it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever