What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Jagosaurus »

marurun wrote:I went to put my Kiki’s Delivery Service DVD into the Blu-ray player to introduce the film to my son. I see the Blu-ray logo and then... nothing. Black screen. Disk spins a bit, but no player or DVD menu. Disc will eject ok and the TV is getting some kind of signal down the line. I give it a bit longer to work on the disc. Now it won’t eject the disc using the remote or the button on the unit. Have to power it off and back on just to get the disc out. This barely-used Sony lasted about 3.5 years, and that’s a real disappointment. Trying to decide what affordable Blu-ray player is worth the expense now that THE big name in the tech has let me down with a poor quality product.

Does it have an ethernet port? My Sony BD player was performing terrible & getting black screens, even shutting down. I hooked up to net... no joke... it pulled down 18 firmware updates. Still kicking.
marurun

Post by marurun »

It was working 3 months ago and didn’t have any updates waiting, though it did occasionally hiccup during playback. Even on CDs
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

My PS3 is my primary Blu-Ray and DVD player. It’s been going strong for years, and as a bonus, it also plays video games!
opa
Next-Gen

Post by opa »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:My PS3 is my primary Blu-Ray and DVD player. It’s been going strong for years, and as a bonus, it also plays video games!

+1

Before I got a PS3 my PS2 was my entertainment center for years and years.
marurun

Post by marurun »

And after sitting all night unplugged, it is now more cooperative. Fingers crossed it will work when I need it.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:D I've been getting 40 hours a week for a while now.

:) I've managed to use part of my stimulus check to pay $700 of my back rent.

Also check out Patti Lupone on Twitter, especially in this video.

I asked her if she plays video games and she hasn't responded yet. :cry:

But she does play pinball. :D
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

ticked me off: playing devils hunt on PC, encountered a game breaking bug, had to quit playing and cant resume on a game I was really enjoying.

What made me smile: Replaying Contra for the millionth time, finally getting a copy of no more heroes 2 for a good price
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

My power was out from 8pm to 3am last night and I had work this morning. Ended up being a nice day, I installed Rainbow Six Rogue Spear for him, and tried (and failed) to install Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Wouldn't run no matter the patch or mods used...

and then last night (copy and pasted from another thread)
Bought a lot with Metal Gear Online in it for 20$, seller decided to take all 14 games out the cases, throw them away and then mail all the discs loose in a bubble mailer. I just found out. I don't think I have ever been this upset about not getting a video game case before.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I've been wanting to play shining force 3 forever and just put it off. Finally find a decent price on ebay and the seller shops me fucking blazing heroes.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Blazing Heroea looks like ass but is actually a good game. One of those looks can be deceiving things. Still, not a good substitute for Shining Force III.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile