What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I got a second job and I'm finally pretty comfortable financially as long as things work out here. The closet will be expanded even further and I will complete my Virtual Boy library 8)
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Congrats and welcome to the club, fellow moonlighter.

My secret is a 16oz Reign each morning if i work that day. I order it by the case on Amazon, a 12-pack every two weeks usually does it and I save a few bucks over buying a dozen cans from Food Lion.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I prefer to work a lot, I usually feel better when my schedule is more full. I was working 3 jobs and going to school full time in the evening this time a year ago.

I don't drink caffeine, nicotine is my habit. Kind of has to be since I'm in the industry.

My BST Thread
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I don't smoke and quite frankly detest it. One thing I'll never show in my films.

Also I kinda need the caffeine in the morning since most mornings I usually only get on average six hours of sleep. Plus I can't for the life of me get to sleep at a halfway decent time without Advil PM. And melatonin doesn't do fuck-all. So naturally it rakes me awhile to get ready. I usually piss away most of my energy making my bed, taking a leak, sitting on the couch and trying to turn off my alarm before Carly Simon's "Let the River Run" repeats.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I mainly just vape and smoke when I drink on occasion. I smoke plenty of weed though. I can't go into specifics but I'm in the vape industry professionally and it's where I think I'll be working for the foreseeable future.

My BST Thread
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:cry: Catan creator Klaus Teuber passed away.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Temperature dropped literally the day after I buzzed my head.

On the plus side I'm getting over my seasonal head cold. Every the weather warms up in the spring, and again in the fall when it cools down, I get smacked with some seasonal BS. But now I'm not drowsy anymore, my nose isn't stuffy and my coughs are more productive.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

It makes me smile to see some reviewers push back against the new Super Mario Bros. movie and actually revisit and appreciate the 1993 cult classic.

It's still one of my favorite films.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Both films are fun and deserve to exist.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

MrPopo wrote:Both films are fun and deserve to exist.

I'm not trying to bash the new movie. I haven't seen it, though I have been annoyed to see a few people involved bash the 1993 film.

I'm mostly just happy to see the 1993 film get a little more attention and re-evaluation after being shat upon for thirty years.

*EDIT* In fairness, I should mention that I'm also pretty annoyed at John Leguizamo finally coming around on the 1993 film after trashing it for three decades just so he can bash the casting on the new one.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii