Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
benderx
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by benderx Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:21 pm

I walked into this place where they buy/sell games, not a well known Indie bussiness more obscure. One of the employees was much better at helping out, but I was still browsing. This other employee is not ready to display games especially foreign titles. Imagine crouching down trying to view the name of the games. I asked if he could take a few out just to see the $cost and what type of game eventhough I wouldn't be touching them, (store covid concerns). Or looking at the shelf can't read the titles from far away. This store was not covid ready, yet. Ask for some common/popular games, but doesn't have them available by inventory search. I looked into their twitter/instagram account saying these games were going to be posted on their website to sell, but didn't even see any thing NEW listed for months.

I'm not going to say the where abouts of the location I visited. I don't reccomend them eventhough I had money and charge double the price compared to online prices. Also they have a bad habit of adding their horrible stickers residue (more than 3 stickers), not easy to remove.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:59 pm

:D I'm officially fully vaccinated today and don't have to wear a mask in public!
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:22 pm

REPO Man wrote::D I'm officially fully vaccinated today and don't have to wear a mask in public!

Just a heads up, I now officially know someone who caught COVID after getting vaccinated. There's still a slight risk. Better be safe than sorry imo, but yeah, finally you can live a bit more freely.
marurun

by marurun Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:55 pm

The good news is that break-through cases tend to be much more mild, but you do still have to be on guard because you can spread it to others.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:36 pm

I played in my first Melee tournament last night. I went 3-2 and played against a top 100 player, bobbybigballz. Only got mildly thrashed by him, got 2 stocked both games. Definitely going to start playing a lot more melee again and get into the local scene.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:04 pm

Super Smash Bros Melee?
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:03 pm

REPO Man wrote:Super Smash Bros Melee?

Yeah, it has an extremely active scene.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:03 pm

My car passed 100k today. Not sure if that's a smile or a frown. Probably a bit of both.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Ack

by Ack Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:26 am

Ziggy587 wrote:My car passed 100k today. Not sure if that's a smile or a frown. Probably a bit of both.

Might wanna get that checked. That's a lot of stuff to come out of your car's bowels.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:08 am

Ack wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:My car passed 100k today. Not sure if that's a smile or a frown. Probably a bit of both.

Might wanna get that checked. That's a lot of stuff to come out of your car's bowels.

They used to recommend a tune up at that mile mark. Is that still a thing with modern cars today? I’m at around 125k-130k now. I have a 2012 Honda based on a generation that came out in 2008. I vaguely remember doing something at 100k.

The travel from NYC to Northern NJ used to put 300 miles minimum a week on my car. I did that for roughly seven years. But during the pandemic up until this past July I barely used the car since I worked from home. Not using the car has its own problems of course. I used it during that time but absolutely no where near pre-pandemic levels.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever