What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by REPO Man »

I'm already riding my bike everywhere, and with my shoulder hurting like hell (since summer 2019) I can only do so much in terms of exercising. Plus like I said my energy drink of choice has zero sugar and has thermogenic ingredients that helps to burn calories and revs up my metabolism, and I didn't mention the 300mg of caffeine in each can or the "branched-chain amino acids" (whatever that means). Though I haven't made any substantial changes of my diet, though I've noticed some stomach issues, probably because my body's burning through what I put in it faster than I consume it. Like how I can eat something before leaving the house and being hunger AF so quickly. Plus it doesn't help matters that I work at a donut shop and a grocery store.

As for what I've considered making, it'll probably something I can produce quickly and cheaply but can also sell for a decent profit. I can't deal with anything edible, have limited space and would have to build up some skills in the area I choose, meaning I can't just say "I'm gonna make fantasy-inspired walking sticks" or "I'm gonna knit scarves and sweaters" and hope it turns out alright.
marurun

Post by marurun »

300 mg caffeine is the top end of moderate consumption for an adult, with 400 mg being the recommended cap. Be wary of so-called metabolism boosters. That much caffeine with no calories and some other stuff that affects your metabolism on a daily basis could easily cause stomach issues from stress. Your caffeine limit might be on the lower side. Mine is. I couldn't do that daily without awful stomach issues. So I'm guessing the amount of caffeine you are consuming regularly is why you're having issues.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

REPO Man wrote: :? Been drinking Reign Infernal Red Dragon. I switched to Reign back in 2019 when I noticed it had no sugar added and more caffeine when compared to Monster. Well, technically I switched to Bang first but when my shoulder started hurting I wondered if it could have been because Bang has creatine in it. So I switched from Bang to Reign, but will drink Bang if it's on sale. But a few weeks ago I decided to buy Reign by the case from Amazon, which technically is cheaper since it's $20 for a 12 pack, which makes it less than $2 a can, while it's $2.29 a can at Food Lion or as low as 2/$4 when it's on sale (Bang's pretty much the same way). I decided to try Reign Infernal Red Dragon, which is apparently capable of helping to burn calories and accelerate the metabolism (going by what the can says). Now, I'll pretty much drink a can before a shift, meaning if I work at Duck Donuts I'll drink one after waking up (6am) and if I work Food Lion I'll drink one before heading out the door. This essentially means that a few days a week I'll drink two spaced 6-10 hours apart. I've noticed that I feel warmer and I seem to burn food quicker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZK8Z8hulFg&ab_channel=ProZD
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

marurun wrote:300 mg caffeine is the top end of moderate consumption for an adult, with 400 mg being the recommended cap. Be wary of so-called metabolism boosters. That much caffeine with no calories and some other stuff that affects your metabolism on a daily basis could easily cause stomach issues from stress. Your caffeine limit might be on the lower side. Mine is. I couldn't do that daily without awful stomach issues. So I'm guessing the amount of caffeine you are consuming regularly is why you're having issues.

Yeah...that’s a lot of caffeine, and that will tear your stomach up. (The artificial sweeteners probably aren’t too good for it either, and you’re really putting a lot of different chemicals and stimulants in your body if you drink too many of energy drinks.). You might want to take a break from the energy drinks for a week and try increasing your water intake a bit. That might give you the same results without so much stress on your body. (As a bonus, you could become a real water connoisseur! :lol: )
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

When I'm at Food Lion and Duck Donuts I pretty much only drink water. Duck Donuts has bottled water for the employees and with Food Lion I usually pick up a couple of 1-liter bottles of whatever's cheapest, hopefully the store's Nature's Promise brand. And I don't drink energy drinks on my days off, usually only before a shift. So on days where I work both I'm probably averaging 600mg of caffeine from just energy drinks, 300mg on days where I work one but not the other, and nothing on days where I'm completely off. But I do drink soda when I'm at home, but I switch to a caffeine-free soda after 4-5pm.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

There was an article of a guy addicted to energy drinks. Within a few years he had borderline heart and kidney failure and it's at the point where he will need new kidneys eventually.
marurun

Post by marurun »

REPO Man wrote:So on days where I work both I'm probably averaging 600mg of caffeine from just energy drinks, 300mg on days where I work one but not the other, and nothing on days where I'm completely off.

OK, that right there will tear you up inside. 600mg is too damn much, period. You gotta cut back. FDA recommended limit is 400mg and you're getting 50% more than that. You are definitely going to fuck yourself up if you keep that up.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

marurun wrote:
REPO Man wrote:So on days where I work both I'm probably averaging 600mg of caffeine from just energy drinks, 300mg on days where I work one but not the other, and nothing on days where I'm completely off.

OK, that right there will tear you up inside. 600mg is too damn much, period. You gotta cut back. FDA recommended limit is 400mg and you're getting 50% more than that. You are definitely going to fuck yourself up if you keep that up.

Blood pressure city. Sooner or later that dam will burst. Plus that shit is terrible for your kidneys, the silent killer. Since coming off any drinks with caffeine, soda included, I actually feel better, sleep better, get up better, and have more energy if you believe that.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

stickem wrote:
marurun wrote:

Blood pressure city. Sooner or later that dam will burst. Plus that shit is terrible for your kidneys, the silent killer. Since coming off any drinks with caffeine, soda included, I actually feel better, sleep better, get up better, and have more energy if you believe that.

Sugar overload is probably the most of it. Coffee black (or a tiny splash of milk) does me just fine, but anything high in sugar makes me feel sluggish.
marurun

Post by marurun »

o.pwuaioc wrote:Sugar overload is probably the most of it. Coffee black (or a tiny splash of milk) does me just fine, but anything high in sugar makes me feel sluggish.

It's a sugar-free energy drink. It's definitely the way-too-much caffeine.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile