What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Raging Justice »

There is something so delightful about receiving a game from an ebay seller in a box protector, a good one too as I've dealt with poorly made box protectors before. The listing didn't mention a box protector at all.

Yep, I'm definitely going to save that seller and remember him in the future.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Got a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday, so I'm being a couch potato, eating yogurt, and resting for the next few days. Glad to have it taken care of, as it's been bothering me on and off for about a year, but kinda dreading the recovery.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:) Found an excellent, albeit time-consuming, way to launch Doom mods from the Steam library. The tldr is whip up a .ZDL file in the ZDoom frontend ZDL for each mod, add the ZDL executable as a non-Steam game, edit the title and add the .ZDL file in the launch options bar.

:D My brother (hopefully) found a more permanent residence.

:D My grandfather, who I haven't seen since after my great-uncle's funeral over give years ago, will be in town Friday.

:cry: As I was doing research for my play set against a hurricane party I found out that a play called "Hurricane Party" already exists. Thankfully aside from being set in a hurricane party, neither play has much in common.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:D Spent a fabulous afternoon with my mom, grandfather and three of my nieces for my mom's birthday.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

I'm slowly reaching THAT age I guess. I work with a lot of teens and it's making me being jaded, especially when I'm at least indirectly involved in their drama. Now one of them thinks I have a crush on her and is spreading it as a rumour when the actual thing is that I think she's an immature brat and dislike her (she knows I am engaged with a trans man). I'm sure when an actual adult is involved it'll get shot down though. I now have people tease me calling me a boomer lol.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

PretentiousHipster wrote:I'm slowly reaching THAT age I guess. I work with a lot of teens and it's making me being jaded, especially when I'm at least indirectly involved in their drama. Now one of them thinks I have a crush on her and is spreading it as a rumour when the actual thing is that I think she's an immature brat and dislike her (she knows I am engaged with a trans man). I'm sure when an actual adult is involved it'll get shot down though. I now have people tease me calling me a boomer lol.

This sounds like a great opportunity to come in one day completely clean-cut and clean-shaven, with your hair parted on the left and all your ear and face hardware removed, wearing jeans and a local sports t-shirt and listening to Credence Clearwater Revival. Or, maybe The Band, since you're Canadian.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

He could be listening to BTO, Canada's answer to ELP. You remember their biggest hit TCB, right?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

It probably makes it better that my hair is starting to grey lol
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

:cry: The creator of the Suikoden series, Yoshitaka Murayama, has passed away. Sadly, just before the release of his latest game Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes. https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2024/ ... assed-away
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Rest In Peace.

I recently picked up the prequel and my friend pre-ordered two copies of Eiyuden Chronicles. Those games will be a great memory for him.