Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by SamuraiMegas Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:13 pm

I just finished my first week at the new job and I am #1 in the country for store visits right now. Think I'll have a fat bonus coming my way.

These last few weeks have been kinda insane for me, in a great way. I make 3x what I did at my campus job I was working so I can finally live comfortably - no more sleep for dinner. I really love the job too, I'm just going into vape and smoke shops and gathering info, as well as leaving some pamphlets about merchandising rewards we give out.

Also been having really good luck at the thrift stores lately. Found an Undefeated long sleeve for $5, a Screwed Up Click hoodie for $10 as well as some records and a nice vintage black sweater. I'm on salary so I just have to hit my monthly store visit goals, so when I visit shops I go to the thrift & clothing stores if they're cool/close.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
opa
128-bit

by opa Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:52 am

Glad your job is working out!
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:21 am

I'm definitely happy for you man! Having that dream job like that is something people kill each other over lol.
marurun

by marurun Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:26 pm

PretentiousHipster wrote:I'm definitely happy for you man! Having that dream job like that is something people kill each other over lol.

Assassin as dream job. Discuss!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:29 pm

marurun wrote:
PretentiousHipster wrote:I'm definitely happy for you man! Having that dream job like that is something people kill each other over lol.

Assassin as dream job. Discuss!

Will they have to kill each other over getting that dream job as an assassin? Makes sense I guess... gotta prove their worth/show off their experience.
Limewater
Next-Gen

by Limewater Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:55 pm

marurun wrote:Assassin as dream job. Discuss!

Like acting and academia, the pool of people who want these jobs is much larger than the pool of jobs available. This means lots of demands can be placed upon applicants and compensation can be kept very low.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:54 pm

Thanks guys :)

Limewater wrote:
marurun wrote:Assassin as dream job. Discuss!

Like acting and academia, the pool of people who want these jobs is much larger than the pool of jobs available. This means lots of demands can be placed upon applicants and compensation can be kept very low.

I sent my silk road hitman 3 bitcoin and all I got was an FBI raid :cry:
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:23 pm

:) I traveled to the Limited Run Games flea market this weekend and got to hang out with prfsnl_gmr for a bit. It was great to meet another forum member in person and chat about games.

The flea market was lots of fun. We got to see a few rare titles like Little Sampson for the low low price of $2500. Among other things, I managed to snag one the last few Ys Origin Collectors Editions at the scratch and dent sale (It was in really good shape. One of the corners was ever so slightly smooshed). Walking around Limited Run's new retail store was pretty awesome too. It is a good thing that I don't live close. I would be so broke :lol:

:( We were both sad that Elkin could not make it this time.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:04 am

bmoc wrote::) I traveled to the Limited Run Games flea market this weekend and got to hang out with prfsnl_gmr for a bit. It was great to meet another forum member in person and chat about games.

The flea market was lots of fun. We got to see a few rare titles like Little Sampson for the low low price of $2500. Among other things, I managed to snag one the last few Ys Origin Collectors Editions at the scratch and dent sale (It was in really good shape. One of the corners was ever so slightly smooshed). Walking around Limited Run's new retail store was pretty awesome too. It is a good thing that I don't live close. I would be so broke :lol:

:( We were both sad that Elkin could not make it this time.

It was great meeting you, bmoc! Maybe, you, Elkin, and me can get together there next year.

I really enjoyed both the store and the show, and I picked up some games to start rounding off my Game Gear collection. Specifically, I got:

Arena Maze of Death (GG)
Double Dragon (GG)
Space Harrier (GG)

I also picked up a few Gameboy and Gameboy Advance games:

Bubble Bobble Part 2 (Gameboy)
James Pond (GBA)
M&Ms Break ‘Em (GBA)

I thought the prices at the flea market we’re really good, and the vendors were definitely there to make some deals. Overall, I had a really great time, and it was a pretty great way to spend the day. Looking forward to the next one in 2023!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:04 am

Oh no! Double post!
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever