What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ack

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Ack »

Shoot, Pretentious and I have talked over some cheap lighting tricks before.

Speaking of which, is it the mount or one of the legs on your tripod that's giving you crap, PH? If it's a leg, you might be able to prop it using apple boxes or something of the equivalent size. Shit, I did a commercial shoot on Wednesday where we used shoelaces to tie a light in place. Half of filmmaking is chewing gum and tape.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:D Got my Switch today!!!!

:cry: Stuck at work until 10 tonight. Had just enough time to set it up.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Gucci wrote:PH: I want to start doing some YouTube videos in the fall. Looking to focus on clothing and shoe reviews and such. Would an iPhones on a tripod be enough for something like that? I’m not looking for high production values here. Just something that people can watch about some of the more uncommon pieces.

I see mirrorless DSLRs are used too. Sub-$300 even. Would that be a better option?

You honestly might be able to pull off your phone with a tripod and ring light. I'd only suggest getting a DSLR if you start gaining traction. Only reason why I got one was that my mother does photography so we split a camera 50/50. Plus with DSLR the microphones usually aren't the best so you might have to use an external one. A phone one might be ok? Only advice I can give for now is that audio quality is a lot more important than video quality. They say this again and again in a small youtuber discord.

Ack wrote:Shoot, Pretentious and I have talked over some cheap lighting tricks before.

Speaking of which, is it the mount or one of the legs on your tripod that's giving you crap, PH? If it's a leg, you might be able to prop it using apple boxes or something of the equivalent size. Shit, I did a commercial shoot on Wednesday where we used shoelaces to tie a light in place. Half of filmmaking is chewing gum and tape.

Yea I tried messing around but for the green screen so many video tutorials say that you should have 4 lights minimum, so I gave in and got 2 softbox lights.

It's the crank with the teeth that's completely stuck. I can move it around but I have to grab the pole and yank it to the right position.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

Great PH much appreciated. I’ll look into a ring light and maybe an external mic. I hear you can buy little kits for the iPhone to improve the micro quality.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
Ack

Post by Ack »

"Crank with the teeth" makes me think mount, so I'm gonna say just do static shots. It would be nice to pan or tilt, but screw it, don't bother.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Ack wrote:"Crank with the teeth" makes me think mount, so I'm gonna say just do static shots. It would be nice to pan or tilt, but screw it, don't bother.

Found the term (and it's obvious lol should have figured it out before). It's the center column. It does the last batch of changing the height of the tripod.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Ah, so the legs are adjustable but not the center? Hmm...you spray it with WD-40 yet? Might be it just needs some lubricant, but if not, you might just consider finding objects of different heights to rest it on for different effects. Sticks are still sticks, even if you can't easily adjust them.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Mortal Kombat 11 for Switch is $15 marked down from $50. Can anyone recommend the Switch port?
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I'm asking because Ive heard various things about MK11 on Switch and I want to know if getting it for $15 is a good deal or if I should pass on the Switch port. I've played the PS4 version and enjoyed it, but would I enjoy it on the Switch with it's worse graphics and apparent dependence on being online for various modes