What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Golgo 14
128-bit

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Golgo 14 »

REPO Man wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:49 pm But I'd imagine I'd have WAY more delivery horror stories if I lived in NYC.
We are so back.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Agile methodology feels a tad cultlike. Taking a project management course and there's a lot of buzzwords which are simply formalizing existing good practices. And then there's this focus on the agile methodology. There's some stuff in there to learn, but do we have to keep calling everything agile just because it involves granular steps that allow incorporation of feedback?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

It's for the benefit of senior leadership. The buzzwords get buy-in from them.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Smile - my air conditioner is fixed and working well
Frown - it cost me a thousand fucking dollars
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

ElkinFencer10 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:52 pm Smile - my air conditioner is fixed and working well
Ugh, the AC in my car isn't working. It's either a $25 sensor, or a several hundred dollar compressor. I was eager to find out which, but the old sensor broke while trying to remove it. Hopefully it wont be a pain to extract it.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Ziggy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:07 pm
ElkinFencer10 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:52 pm Smile - my air conditioner is fixed and working well
Ugh, the AC in my car isn't working. It's either a $25 sensor, or a several hundred dollar compressor. I was eager to find out which, but the old sensor broke while trying to remove it. Hopefully it wont be a pain to extract it.
Yeah, unfortunately this was the HVAC in my house. I had to replace the compressor and blend door in my car a few years ago; cost me $500.

REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:cry: The AC in my place crapped out some time ago.

:x The only good thing about the cold weather we've been having is that I didn't need AC.

:arrow: Thankfully it's a window unit so I'd imagine it'd be easier to replace than an outdoor unit.

:lol: Cheaper, too.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

ElkinFencer10 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:53 pm
Yeah, unfortunately this was the HVAC in my house. I had to replace the compressor and blend door in my car a few years ago; cost me $500.
$1053 later....

Ack

Post by Ack »

Mine is also out. I'm hoping it's just low on coolant. I've had the compressor go out before, and it led to issues with engine overheating that I'm not having now. That said, different make and model car too, so who knows.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Ack wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:34 pm
Mine is also out. I'm hoping it's just low on coolant. I've had the compressor go out before, and it led to issues with engine overheating that I'm not having now. That said, different make and model car too, so who knows.
I was at least able to confirm that it is the AC flow sensor. So now the only trouble will be extracting the broken one so I can fit the new one in.