Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Note
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by Note Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:20 am

I had a chance to meet prfsnl_gmr and Ack, which was awesome. Really enjoyed hanging out with you both, definitely a highlight of the past year or two for me.

o.pwuaioc and I also had plans to meet for a gaming night, but unfortunately the pandemic threw a wrench in our plans.
marurun

by marurun Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:41 am

Note wrote:, but unfortunately the pandemic threw a wrench in our plans.

This is why you don’t invite greasemonks to parties.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:36 pm

Note wrote:o.pwuaioc and I also had plans to meet for a gaming night, but unfortunately the pandemic threw a wrench in our plans.

Probably the only good thing about having to postpone my move to NYC three years ago for "a bit" was not being there when the pandemic hit. A part of me thinks I would have come out the other side no worse than I was before, but realistically that's hard to believe.

:D Got two Doctor Who boxsets for my nieces and nephews. Well, two copies of the same one (the Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant one).

:( I can literally hear a disc rattling in one of them. I'm going to be passed if I have to track down a replacement for any scratched disc's.

:) Also got them The Monster Squad and Killer Klowns From Outer Space, as well as a collection of Neil Gaiman novels.

:) And the Doctor Who Christmas Specials collection on Blu-ray for myself.
Last edited by REPO Man on Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
RobertAugustdeMeijer
24-bit

by RobertAugustdeMeijer Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:14 pm

Some rant on YouTube.
<link removed> - MrPopo

I feel so sorry for people who are engulfed by hatred for this made up enemy. The arguments in this video are so bad, so easily debunked, but I see all the comments vigorously agreeing with it. Normally I'd shrug it away, but a friend of mine has been consumed by this idea and hence has lost many friends. Instead of listening to why his anti-sjw stance is hurtful, he has double-downed and gone on the offensive, literally setting up a comedy show hoping to own the left. It's so sad and I wish he could snap out of it. :cry:
Last edited by RobertAugustdeMeijer on Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:21 pm

RobertAugustdeMeijer wrote:This rant about wokeness in Hollywood, by Call me Chato:
<link removed> - MrPopo

I feel so sorry for people who are engulfed by hatred for this made up enemy. The arguments in this video are so bad, so easily debunked, but I see all the comments vigorously agreeing with it. Normally I'd shrug it away, but a friend of mine has been consumed by this idea and hence has lost many friends. Instead of listening to why his anti-sjw stance is hurtful, he has double-downed and gone on the offensive, literally setting up a comedy show hoping to own the left. It's so sad and I wish he could snap out of it. :cry:

We lost some good members over politics; so, we avoid posting things like this in the forums. (I think we would have lost them eventually anyway, but political disagreements certainly hastened their departures.). You’re always free to reach out to me via PM to discuss this topic if you’d like - I can definitely sympathize - but try not to post things like this in the forums going forward to help us keep the peace.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:27 pm

What prfsnl said. I went ahead and nuked the link.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
RobertAugustdeMeijer
24-bit

by RobertAugustdeMeijer Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:44 am

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
RobertAugustdeMeijer wrote:This rant about wokeness in Hollywood, by Call me Chato:
<link removed> - MrPopo

We lost some good members over politics; so, we avoid posting things like this in the forums. (I think we would have lost them eventually anyway, but political disagreements certainly hastened their departures.). You’re always free to reach out to me via PM to discuss this topic if you’d like - I can definitely sympathize - but try not to post things like this in the forums going forward to help us keep the peace.

Thanks! I'll keep this in mind when here! And I'm glad the link was nuked, on second thought. I'll also get rid of the description.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:58 am

SamuraiMegas wrote:I've met Blu, and Nathan Barnett :lol: I want to say I've met one more user off here but I can't remember.

Are you in TX? Remember the UGK/SUC rap talk & Nathan was in ATX before Cali IIRC.

I've met up with JoeAwesome, 8 bit, & JMustang.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:57 am

Yeah, I'm a little north of Dallas, in Denton.

I actually went to the Screwed Up Records and Tapes store recently, mentioning DJ Screw. Met Big Bubb, the owner, and gave him a couple of my companies vapes to try because he was smoking a blunt and a cig inside the store at the same time :lol:
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:53 pm

Man guys ... I just tried Xbox remote play... LAN streaming from console to mobile + Bluetooth controller ... for the first time in over a year. It's come a long way. I might be streaming some XB-SX to my phone in bed :lol:

SamuraiMegas wrote:Yeah, I'm a little north of Dallas, in Denton.

I actually went to the Screwed Up Records and Tapes store recently, mentioning DJ Screw. Met Big Bubb, the owner, and gave him a couple of my companies vapes to try because he was smoking a blunt and a cig inside the store at the same time :lol:

Gotcha man. That's crazy. Congrats on the new job btw.

I ate next to Paul Wall and some of the lesser known Houston/Port Arthur guys at a Waffle House at probably 1am :lol: . Was super random because we weren't in Houston proper. Must've been visiting folks in PA/BMT.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever