Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Golgo 14
128-bit

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by Golgo 14 Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:50 am

REPO Man wrote: :arrow: Started planning my Christmas shopping. For the kids I'm mostly focusing on books and tabletop games with a handful of films, mostly Ghibli stuff. I'm going to do my usual plan of buying a few things here and there.

What about, hear me out here, a couple of modded Playstation Classics?
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:27 am

I'm still not done. Six days a week I leave before 7am and get home after 9pm, so that doesn't leave me enough time to test every single arcade game, which sucks because I can't change the core used on a game-by-game basis on Project Eris' version of Emulation Station.
Limewater
Next-Gen

by Limewater Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:14 pm

Just kind of funny...

I was playing Phantom Hourglass on DS really late the other night. I completed the ghost ship and was glad to be able to save and stop so I could go to bed. I was annoyed to discover a cut scene after collection my Heart Container and leaving the ship.
And it was LONG.
So long, in fact, that I fell asleep during it, dropping my DS a foot or so onto my stomach, causing it to lock up, losing all of my progress.

So, I played through the ghost ship again last night, and sat/tapped through the same extremely long cutscene.

It turns out I was about twenty seconds away from being able to save the night before.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:20 pm

Started working a crappy job at the university that pays 9.75/hr because I needed the money, and last week a recruiting company contacted me to interview with a large Vape (e-cig) company as a sales rep. Interviews have gone well and I think I'm about to triple my pay! This is pretty close to what I wanted to do when I graduate so I'm really excited. I just keep stumbling into success lol.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:46 pm

:( one of the sinks at my morning job, the one I use for soapy water, started leaking yesterday. What sucks is now I have to greatly alter how I go about my tasks. Before I used the middle sink to scrape and prespray excess food particles from the dishes before soaking them in the left sink, after which I spray them off in the middle sink before sanitizing them.

:D Getting TWO nights off from Food Lion and one of them is Friday, so I'm thinking about going to bed early so I can wake up 30 minutes earlier so I can make time to play the Splatoon 3 Splatfest event. Mostly I'm just going to see if I'll like it enough to buy it when it comes out.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:17 pm

I think I'm going to get the job, and the pay is VERY good. Even better than I thought. I'm basically starting my career while in college now. It's been a great birthday :D
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:22 pm

I haven't been around in awhile. My mom had a near-death health issue: pulmonary embolism. She survived and is doing well. Took a lot of energy out of me. That was Memorial Day weekend.

July I went for the first of two surgeries: Carpal Tunnel Release. Did the left first, then the right was at the beginning of this month.

Just going day by day. Things are more stable now and I finally have feeling back in my hands.

Oh, I got a transfer to a new office. I gave up my actual office for a cube but the travel is less stressful and cheaper. I an now working in an NJ beach community. Real clean place!

Been playing my GBA with an Everdrive cart. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror to be exact.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:05 pm

Gucci wrote:I haven't been around in awhile. My mom had a near-death health issue: pulmonary embolism. She survived and is doing well. Took a lot of energy out of me. That was Memorial Day weekend.

Oh, shit. I hope she's alright. I'm at a point in my life where I instinctively call my mom if I hear an ambulance going towards the direction she lives in.

Gucci wrote:July I went for the first of two surgeries: Carpal Tunnel Release. Did the left first, then the right was at the beginning of this month.

Just going day by day. Things are more stable now and I finally have feeling back in my hands.

Aw, damn. Hope you're doing better.

Gucci wrote:Been playing my GBA with an Everdrive cart. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror to be exact.

Check out the wide selection of GB/GBC homebrew coming out of itch.io. Cool shit, especially if you love horror.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:07 pm

:) Started my Christmas shopping early. Bought my niblings the Dungeon board game and a few DVDs so far (Pagemaster, Anastasia/Thumbelina, and Fern Gully). Thinking about also getting them some books and board games, mostly because last year I focused almost exclusively on DVDs.

:D Finally paid off the last of my back rent! And with my new morning job being year round I'll be able to keep up on my rent more easily.

:x Though hopefully this fall my morning job won't keep me for 40 minutes AFTER my shift was supposed to end. It's bad enough I have to go straight to my other job without a pit stop at my house to rest, eat lunch and get changed.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:39 pm

Gucci wrote:I haven't been around in awhile. My mom had a near-death health issue: pulmonary embolism. She survived and is doing well. Took a lot of energy out of me. That was Memorial Day weekend.

July I went for the first of two surgeries: Carpal Tunnel Release. Did the left first, then the right was at the beginning of this month.

Oh, I got a transfer to a new office. I gave up my actual office for a cube but the travel is less stressful and cheaper. I an now working in an NJ beach community. Real clean place!

Been playing my GBA with an Everdrive cart. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror to be exact.

Good to hear from you, Gucci, but I’m sorry to hear you’ve had such a rough summer (except for the office transfer…that’s awesome). I hope things start looking up soon, and please be sure to take care of yourself. If you ever just need to vent, a lot of us are here to listen.

REPO Man wrote:Finally paid off the last of my back rent! And with my new morning job being year round I'll be able to keep up on my rent more easily

Congrats, Repo! I recommend that, while you have the extra income, you start a budget and saving plan so that you don’t find yourself in the same position again.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever