Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
NotLuke
24-bit

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by NotLuke Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:13 am

Smile: Sega CD, FPGA, 1080p, Dolby Atmos

Frown: You can imagine how the FMV games look.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:48 pm

This made me smile :lol: Mrs Jago said it's me. Dude has CRT in TATE... loving life

https://youtube.com/shorts/_4qQQwZUVO0?feature=share

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:35 am

Kinda late but how was everyone's Thanksgiving and what's everyone's plans for the holidays?

I had fun and it was great to see everyone again, but I was seriously bummed about not getting to break out the Switch and play some games with the kids. But there WAS an adorable moment where I put a Barney video on my tablet for my year-old niece "Zelda". One of the few times Zelda wasn't hella cranky.

Also, I've been hearing strange scratching noises coming from near my fridge and at some point a few nights later at around 4:30am I hear a scurrying noise. And then last week, I saw it.

A goddamn mouse! Mice are apparently pretty common on Hatteras Island. My mom said pretty much any place we've lived in had them. Crazy enough this was the first time I've had ever seen a live mouse before, by virtue of this being the first place on Hatteras Island I lived in that didn't have a cat. I think my neighbors had a cat but to be honest I don't really socialize with my neighbors much, so I don't know. I think it's been a while since I've seen a cat near my house.

So far, I've had no luck with my live trap. Guess the mouse doesn't like peanut butter. My mom said peanut butter might work.

And I just tried placing cinnamon sticks all over my place, mostly along the walls, behind the fridge and under my bed and couch.

As for the holidays, I'll probably just do what I did the last two years and just go over to my brother's ex-girlfriend's house on Christmas Eve and then watch the kids open their presents on Christmas morning. Thankfully my brother and his ex-girlfriend "Veronica" are on great terms and he and his new girlfriend "Cheryl" went over to Veronica's house for Thanksgiving.

But unfortunately, his ex-wife "Betty" doesn't want her kids to see their dad, and they also don't want them over at Veronica's place, which means that he hasn't seen "Peach" or "Daisy" or his son "Link". Thankfully Veronica lets "Pauline" see her dad.

As for what I'm getting them, like every year I have to buy two of everything, save for anything just for the twins "Mario and Luigi" or anything individual gift. So far I'm getting them:

* The Spongebob Musical: Live on Stage. It's the live production that aired on Nickelodeon back in 2019.
* Good Burger.
* The Rugrats Movie.
* Rugrats in Paris.
* Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie.
* Power Rangers (2017)
* Tiny Toon Adventures: Season One, Volume 1

Really wanted to get the boys Big Bad Beetleborgs: Season One, Volume 2, but it's apparently out of print. Same with VR Troopers: Season One, Volume 1 and Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad: Volume 1.

I get paid next week, and aside from the pay from 36 hours last week and 25 hours this week, I'll also be getting an additional 52 hours' worth of wages from my vacation and holiday hours that I had them apply to my schedule before I lost them due to them not either rolling over into the next year or being cashed out automatically. I'm thinking of hopefully scoring and softmodding a couple of PlayStation Classic mini consoles. And maybe The Stand on DVD for my mom. I know that for $30 I can get both the '90s miniseries and the recent Paramount+ limited series.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:59 am

I posted about this in the fashion thread, but I found someone with my #1 holy grail sneaker- the Daft Punk Bapesta. 100 pairs released, 50 given to friends and family. It's like the NWC cart of Bapestas.

I've picked up a 2nd job so that I can make $3k as fast as I possibly can before my next semester starts on Jan 15th, and if my calculations are correct, I'll actually be sitting on closer to $5k.
I'm working a ton between both jobs, and I'm supplying Delta 8 THC carts that I make to the smoke shop I work at now as well. Literally all I've been doing is thinking of ways to hustle up money for the past week, and finding shit to sell.

Bouta fulfill a childhood dream and actually have a decent bit of savings after. Life's going good.

Maybe I should start a gofundme.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Ack

by Ack Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:35 am

Glad to hear it's all going well, but have you been to your mother's cousin's downstairs neighbor's ex-girlfriend's former roommate's place lately to watch a movie?
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:39 am

Ack wrote:Glad to hear it's all going well, but have you been to your mother's cousin's downstairs neighbor's ex-girlfriend's former roommate's place lately to watch a movie?

No but I've been to your mother's cousin's downstairs neighbor's ex-girlfriend's former roommate's place lately to watch a movie :wink:
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Ack

by Ack Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:07 am

SamuraiMegas wrote:
Ack wrote:Glad to hear it's all going well, but have you been to your mother's cousin's downstairs neighbor's ex-girlfriend's former roommate's place lately to watch a movie?

No but I've been to your mother's cousin's downstairs neighbor's ex-girlfriend's former roommate's place lately to watch a movie :wink:

Nice, dude.
marurun

by marurun Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:06 pm

SamuraiMegas wrote:

I don’t mean to be THAT GUY, but…

Can I crash on your mother’s cousin’s downstairs neighbor’s ex-girlfriend’s former roommate’s couch?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:09 pm

Just spit out my coffee!

I've been super busy as of late. Took on a second job myself. On top of my career job, I work part time at a local Home Goods.
I haven't worked a retail job in a decade. I hurt my foot which may have been caused by the fact that I am now trying to keep up with 19 years olds at the new job while my 33 year old body who's sat at a desk for those ten years.

But at least I can feed my hoodie habit.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
Golgo 14
128-bit

by Golgo 14 Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:04 pm

That's cool, Gucci. I haven't worked retail in about ten years and I imagine it would be a big adjustment to go back, especially at the holidays.

Hopefully you're in a spot where you can look at that Home Goods check and think, damn, this is pure hoodie money!
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever