What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by stickem »

Went over some bloodwork yesterday and got good news. My creatinine level was kidney failure last bloodwork, along with high blood pressure. Switched that bp medication and that's better. Laid off coffee, no cokes, energy drinks, protein mix, creatine mix, eat cleaner with less red meat and natural herb supps and my bloodwork looked great and back to normal.

I used to drink a pot of coffee a day and pounded the energy drinks. I stay fit and go to the gym 5 days a week and looked healthy otherwise. I know everybody is different, but for me my body was saying stop, to much synthetic stuff is going in and it's time to flush all that shit out. Just thought I'd share from the few posts above. My stress level needs calming though and some of these rage quiting games are doing that no favors lol.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Anyone here back R-Type Final 2 on Kickstarter and hasn't gotten their code yet? It's been out for over a week now on the digital markets (Steam, GOG, Switch eShop, PSN, etc) and most people haven't gotten their codes yet. Last I heard they started sending out codes to NA and EU backers... who chose the Xbox and Switch versions.

Meanwhile, the game sells for $40 and I'm still waiting for my code. People who literally didn't even believe enough to back it can literally play it before the folks who backed it and helped to make it happen!

I know you're all going to spout off all the typical clichés about Kickstarter but usually there's a legitimate reason to not get something on time (delays, shipping errors, worldwide pandemics), but the thing is that this isn't like that. The game's out. In several parts of the world it can be bought digitally and/or physically. People who go over to the PSN store on their PS4 or PS5 can plop down $40 and get it right this second, but folks like me who backed it and helped to fund it are being told that they're having issues with the codes.

Meanwhile, the last issue I had with a code was when the folks behind Moon Raider sent me a bad PSN code. And then literally minutes after emailing them they sent me another one and it was activated in seconds. I was able to play it literally the day before it hit PSN. With Battle-Axe, I got the code days before its release and had access to it before everyone else.

Now if it was just a few days late (like if it came out last Friday and I got it on Monday) I'd be okay, but it's been over a week!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I bought a physical copy for $40 off of Amazon. It looks great. I have t played it yet, though, if it makes you feel better. :lol:

(I jest. I hope you get your code soon, REPO, and it’s really weird they haven’t sent them to Kickstarter backers yet. Maybe it’s in your junk mail folder?)
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

No, it's being sent out via a website. Basically, I just log in, check settings and any code I'm expecting will be listed in the "Digital Rewards" section.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:D Finally got my code for R-Type Final 2…

:x A week and a half AFTER the game's release.

:roll: If/when Granzella decides to put out an R-Type compilation, preferably with all the mainline games (1-3, Leo, Delta and Final) and the tactical RPG spinoffs from the PSP (including the Japanese exclusive R-Type Tactics 2: Operation Bitter Chocolate), that they don't let this shit happen again.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

REPO Man wrote: :roll: If/when Granzella decides to put out an R-Type compilation, preferably with all the mainline games (1-3, Leo, Delta and Final) and the tactical RPG spinoffs from the PSP (including the Japanese exclusive R-Type Tactics 2: Operation Bitter Chocolate), that they don't let this shit happen again.

Leave out Cosmic Cop? I hope they don’t do that either.
NotLuke
24-bit

Post by NotLuke »

stickem wrote:Went over some bloodwork yesterday and got good news..

Awesome.

Smile: USPS customer service don't play.

I visited my po as a package delivered on 5/3 was not delivered as status indicated. I was told "package will be delivered to your residence today". I left without asking "what leads you to believe that?". Package was not delivered, and I spoke with customer service. An hour later I received a call with a full apology to which I replied "We're all human, we all make mistakes" which was answered with "Mistakes yes. Telling a customer something that is not known to be true is lying, and that is not a mistake. We don't tolerate that." Score one for this manager as she means business.

The package in question contains a copy of the Worlds of Power Book for Blaster Master and a TNG book written by the great Peter David, which is a gift for my wife.

Speaking of, for Mothers Day I bought my wife an assortment of scrubbing cleaning products (Brillo scrub pads, toilet scrubbing brush, scrubbing bubbles, etc.) and an awfully airbrushed T:C t-shirt that reads "No Scrubs".
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

^ how did that go over lol, the wifes mothers day gifts I mean? That's hilarious but dangerous at the same time.

Mine had already picked hers out weeks before, a sapphire ring in white gold, off marketplace. Went ahead and got a dozen roses from walgreens and card just to be safe.
NotLuke
24-bit

Post by NotLuke »

stickem wrote:^ how did that go over lol, the wifes mothers day gifts I mean? That's hilarious but dangerous at the same time.

Mine had already picked hers out weeks before, a sapphire ring in white gold, off marketplace. Went ahead and got a dozen roses from walgreens and card just to be safe.

Oh man, it went over just as planned. Her face went from scowl to smile as soon as she saw the shirt. And just the other week I was a Target and saw a low cut crew neck AC/DC shirt, and in the men's section a Metallica T. I had to go full Beavis & Butthead, and bought them both. My wife won't wear the get up out in public, unless we're going to visit friends, but at the same time I'm not crazy about metallica...I just think the B&B look works :)
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

My mom went with my oldest niece to Orlando. If I didn't mention it before, my niece does dance cheer and her team was at the D2 Summit this week. She stayed at one of the resorts and the weather was apparently quite warm, while here on Hatteras Island it's been raining a few times and unseasonably chilly.