What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by samsonlonghair »

Hey funk farmer, I remember you. Did you ever get your Mac running?

Heck of an epic post there! You went from microscopic to local to global.

Stick around the forums and keep us company. :D
funk_Farmer
8-bit

Post by funk_Farmer »

Mac is running good. Really humid this year so I moved it up out of the basement. I don't think I've achieved less than 65% air moisture content down there for more than a couple hours in the past 3 months. I just booted it up after a couple months, updated Xubuntu, linked my android phone up to it for calendars and notes. This smartphone I got feels like a Sheika Slate. I've been thinking of starting a local compendium. Taking pictures of everything I see and labeling them. It's also another good reason to have some games on hand for spurts of free time.
I've seen other folks have problems on here but just remember, as long as you keep your mind in good health and stay the same person then no ailment can hinder you. And watch out for ticks.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Welcome back, Funk Farmer!

:? Friend texted me today, seems to want to hang out. I'm probably going to have to blow them off though, because I feel like shit today. The talk is on putting me on pills again, and I might do it this time. I just want to make sure it's the right stuff- they're leaning towards depression pills, but my family thinks anxiety pills are a better fit. I'm not really sure.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Ack

Post by Ack »

Here's the deal with meds: try what they prescribe first, give it several days, and see how you feel on the regimen they put you on. There can be some annoying side effects, but ultimately you have to tell if you actually feel better. If you do, awesome. If not, don't stop taking the meds; instead, talk about changing your prescription and easing into it. Going straight off meds royally sucks, but a good transition will build them up in your system and make you feel better.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Some anti-depressants can help with anxiety. Also, they can take a few weeks to really kick in. Got to take everything slowly and gradually.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

And also remember that if you do find something that does work, don't stop taking it because you start to feel better. Don't fall into that trap. Cause if you do stop taking it on your own (aka, without talking to a doctor first, of course) you run the high risk of it no longer being effective when you start taking it again. Then you'll have to go through the whole "do these meds work for me?" process all over again.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I would also lean towards trusting a medical professional over your family when it comes to "what medication should I be on?"
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

MrPopo wrote:I would also lean towards trusting a medical professional over your family when it comes to "what medication should I be on?"

I can't keep track of the terminology, but the therapist or whatever he is can't actually prescribe the medication, only suggest. The question of anxiety or depression has also been long running, out of the four therapists, two said anxiety, two said depression, so that makes me wary.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
marurun

Post by marurun »

You will indeed need to see either a psychiatrist or another kind of medical doctor for a prescription. And they may have their own opinion. But the fact that a couple depression meds also help with anxiety might make things a bit easier. The two conditions are often entangled, anyway.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Well, I just bought my wedding ring. We're at just over a month to go.