Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
durkada
64-bit

Re: So what have you guys been watching lately?

by durkada Tue May 25, 2010 5:17 pm

GODDAMMIT!

Its not like I'm the slightest bit surprised, but they cancelled Happy Town. I was enthralled from the first episode -- but largely because it was built on a foundation I enjoy. Weirdness, mystery with a menagerie of characters who were slowly being developed.

Otherwise, I was watching Fringe, which -- despite alot of strain on the imagination due to logical concerns -- has been getting steadily better.

The only other show I watch is Justified. Produced by Elmore, it has a gritty edge and some superb writing -- not to mention a great cast.

Oh, and I do watch V. But that's only because I want my brain sodomized every week.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Tue May 25, 2010 9:34 pm

Watching The Big Gay Sketch Show on Logo, especially since they unveiled their third season. It's fuckin funny.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

by Jrecee Tue May 25, 2010 10:18 pm

durkada wrote:GODDAMMIT!

Its not like I'm the slightest bit surprised, but they cancelled Happy Town. I was enthralled from the first episode -- but largely because it was built on a foundation I enjoy. Weirdness, mystery with a menagerie of characters who were slowly being developed.

Otherwise, I was watching Fringe, which -- despite alot of strain on the imagination due to logical concerns -- has been getting steadily better.

The only other show I watch is Justified. Produced by Elmore, it has a gritty edge and some superb writing -- not to mention a great cast.

Oh, and I do watch V. But that's only because I want my brain sodomized every week.

Justified keeps getting better now that all the storylines are merging. I was afraid that it would end up being a show with a bunch of self contained episodes with a few minor storylines woven in and out, but since the crowder/raylan thing introduced in the first episode has become bigger and bigger the show has gotten better and better.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

by Pulsar_t Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:38 pm

Started watching the History Channel's Ancient Aliens on youtube, and after three episodes I think I'm not going to bother anymore. The pilot did cram in as much information as they could possibly have, which left later episodes dealing with barely coherent conjecture and semi-crackpot theories. The fact remains that in order to make skeptics shut up some real evidence must be found and presented. It's quite handy that the ancients' tools of the trade, with which they built all those magnificent pyramids and temples, vanished without a trace, which means these speculations may as well go on forever (while being ignored by most of the scientific community)

These documentaries it seems are produced for those with an absolute minimum of public knowledge. Something an MTV junkie might watch occasionally when they're bored with the celeb crap.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:24 pm

The Wire was the best TV drama ever made, hands down. Best. Show. Ever.

Since Treme is another David Simon show, I was quite intrigued to see what he'd do with it, especially since it moves away from the crime angle that he does so well.

This week I've watched the first half of the first season (there are only 10 episodes total so far and season 2 starts in the Spring). The show does not disappoint. Perfect pacing, great dialogue, and excellent writing. It's too early to say that it will be as good as The Wire was, but the key ingredients seem to be there.

I know the "It's not TV, it's HBO" ad was a cheesy slogan, but when I look back at the TV I've enjoyed the most in the past decade, HBO shows are heads and shoulders above the rest of network or cable TV:

Drama:
The Wire
The Sopranos
Deadwood
Oz

Comedy:
Curb Your Enthusiasm

Miniseries:
Generation Kill
Band of Brothers
John Adams
The Pacific
The Corner

These shows are all better than pretty much anything else out there in those categories over the past 10 years. In fact, the only non-HBO show I think I'd put into my top 5-10 from the 2000s would be Arrested Development.
Octopod
Next-Gen

by Octopod Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:31 pm

I watch Wipeout when I catch it. I also wanted to watch The Colony 2 but I have missed them all so I'll just watch them on the internet at some point. That's all. I'll watch the next season of Survivor most likely. Some seasons I only watch a couple episodes.
Kid Dracula
64-bit

by Kid Dracula Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:33 pm

Aloooot of Boomerang. And should I be admitting this? Degra.......Nevermind.
weasels
Next-Gen

by weasels Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:01 pm

Kid Dracula wrote:Aloooot of Boomerang. And should I be admitting this? Degra.......Nevermind.

hell yeah you should, boomerang is awesome.it's only problem is that it's still missing some action shows of my past....like thundercats! and pirates of dark water...oh and GI-JOE doesn't show anymore. Don't be ashamed of watching cartoons. No matter what people say, cartoons are not just a kid thing. everyone should enjoy cartoons. often people forget as well that cartoons are created by adults. ^^
"ninja's wear clothing of every color so they can blend with the alphabet."-best friend concerning bushido blade 2.
my trade and sell list is right here: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20601

N64, saturn model 2, ds, Dreamcast, ps1, ps2, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, xbox, 3DO, psp slim (v.3001.)
feel free to PM/IM me if you feel like talking to me.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

by Jrecee Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:37 pm

dsheinem wrote:
The Wire was the best TV drama ever made, hands down. Best. Show. Ever.

Since Treme is another David Simon show, I was quite intrigued to see what he'd do with it, especially since it moves away from the crime angle that he does so well.

This week I've watched the first half of the first season (there are only 10 episodes total so far and season 2 starts in the Spring). The show does not disappoint. Perfect pacing, great dialogue, and excellent writing. It's too early to say that it will be as good as The Wire was, but the key ingredients seem to be there.

I know the "It's not TV, it's HBO" ad was a cheesy slogan, but when I look back at the TV I've enjoyed the most in the past decade, HBO shows are heads and shoulders above the rest of network or cable TV:

Drama:
The Wire
The Sopranos
Deadwood
Oz

Comedy:
Curb Your Enthusiasm

Miniseries:
Generation Kill
Band of Brothers
John Adams
The Pacific
The Corner

These shows are all better than pretty much anything else out there in those categories over the past 10 years. In fact, the only non-HBO show I think I'd put into my top 5-10 from the 2000s would be Arrested Development.

You must not have ever watched Breaking Bad or Sons of Anarchy.
Kid Dracula
64-bit

by Kid Dracula Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:18 pm

weasels wrote:
Kid Dracula wrote:Aloooot of Boomerang. And should I be admitting this? Degra.......Nevermind.

hell yeah you should, boomerang is awesome.it's only problem is that it's still missing some action shows of my past....like thundercats! and pirates of dark water...oh and GI-JOE doesn't show anymore. Don't be ashamed of watching cartoons. No matter what people say, cartoons are not just a kid thing. everyone should enjoy cartoons. often people forget as well that cartoons are created by adults. ^^

Oooh, it's not boomerang that I'm ashamed about! It's DEGRASSI! I swear I hate everything about this show but I've been watching it, dunno why.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever