Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: So what have you guys been watching lately?

by Gamerforlife Sat May 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Pulsar_t wrote:Image

Is V really worth watching? Is it likely to be continued? Ratings good?

I like it. I think the reviews for it were good and its ratings have been decent enough since coming back on tv that they renewed for another season. I have been to some forums though where people don't seem to like it. It's not a brilliant sci fi show, certainly not up there with Ron Moore's Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Lost or even Dollhouse, but it's solid. It has some great actors, nice production values, a plot that makes sense and some nice action every now and then. It's a decent show and Morena Baccarin is excellent as Anna.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

by Jrecee Sat May 22, 2010 8:02 pm

REPO Man wrote:Since last summer, I really love The Big Bang Theory. Love it.

Started watching Weeds, via my Netflix Instant Watch Queue. Only seen episode 1 so far. Two other shows I've added to my IW Queue are Dexter and Heroes.

That's me in a nutshell... late to the party, but God knows I make an entrance.

Protip: Watch season 1 of heroes, then stop. Imagine all the awesome things that could happen in season 2, and just live your life imagining them. Because none of them will actually occur. You will just get sucked into a vortex of disappointment that you can't escape.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Sat May 22, 2010 8:26 pm

Jrecee wrote:

Started watching Weeds, via my Netflix Instant Watch Queue. Only seen episode 1 so far. Two other shows I've added to my IW Queue are Dexter and Heroes.

Protip: Watch season 1 of heroes, then stop. Imagine all the awesome things that could happen in season 2, and just live your life imagining them. Because none of them will actually occur. You will just get sucked into a vortex of disappointment that you can't escape.

Actually, stop right before the season 1 finale, that is when the show officially jumped the shark
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
jfrost
Next-Gen

by jfrost Sat May 22, 2010 10:30 pm

Re-watching Boston Legal, the whole run. Still such an awesome show.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sat May 22, 2010 11:30 pm

Gamerforlife wrote:
Jrecee wrote:

Actually, stop right before the season 1 finale, that is when the show officially jumped the shark

Or... I could disregard both suggestions, make my own opinion and report it here, and end up either validating or disproving your claims.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

by Jrecee Sat May 22, 2010 11:53 pm

Just trying to save you the pain and suffering of watching a great show go down the crapper. If you can find one person who says the show got better or stayed as good after season 1 you can go for it.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Mon May 24, 2010 7:45 pm

Gamerforlife wrote:I never watched 24, I have certain polticial issues with it.

I'm pretty far to the left in my political thinking and completely recognize all the right-leaning ideology in the show. I don't care. I enjoy it immensely anyway. Plus, I get to play the "spot the conservative viewpoint" game, which makes watching even poorer episodes of the show interesting for me (as a professional rhetorical critic). Truth be told, most action films also lean to the right - but I can still enjoy the hell out of something like Rambo 3, Saving Private Ryan, or Black Hawk Down.

All together, the show itself has had more good seasons than bad, and I'd rate this season as the best of the past three. The scene with Jack in the tunnel last week was absolutely epic, and I am stoked for the finale tonight. Anyone else planning to watch the clock tick for the final time?
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Tue May 25, 2010 12:31 am

dsheinem wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:I never watched 24, I have certain polticial issues with it.

I'm pretty far to the left in my political thinking and completely recognize all the right-leaning ideology in the show. I don't care. I enjoy it immensely anyway. Plus, I get to play the "spot the conservative viewpoint" game, which makes watching even poorer episodes of the show interesting for me (as a professional rhetorical critic). Truth be told, most action films also lean to the right - but I can still enjoy the hell out of something like Rambo 3, Saving Private Ryan, or Black Hawk Down.

All together, the show itself has had more good seasons than bad, and I'd rate this season as the best of the past three. The scene with Jack in the tunnel last week was absolutely epic, and I am stoked for the finale tonight. Anyone else planning to watch the clock tick for the final time?

Nope, I watched Chuck's finale tonight and it was absolutely fantastic. I really don't care what happened on 24, Chuck was where it was at tonight.

I'm sure 24 is great though and probably deserves all the attention it gets, but I simply have no interest in watching it. I did see its first season though, which was entertaining, but lost interest in the show after that.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Lord_Santa
128-bit

by Lord_Santa Tue May 25, 2010 3:09 pm

watching every new episode of:

American Dad
Cleveland Show
Family Guy
Simpsons
South Park

why?
old habit
I must have something to watch when I eat
and I've watched all previous episodes
(no I don't watch TV, I stream 'em, ain't never anything good on Swedish television)

at random:

Twilight Zone (been watching the first 50+ of the original series, have no hopes that it gets "better", since I like my Twilight Zone black/white with proper actors/acting)

anything that Adult Swim will throw at me

The Boondocks

Duckman (seen all episodes, but it just never grows old)

about to watch (saving for a rainy day?)

Breaking Bad - Season 2-3
Lost - Season 4-6 (because I need to see it end.)
C-64 will never die
- only the players
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

by Pulsar_t Tue May 25, 2010 3:57 pm

Gamerforlife wrote:
Pulsar_t wrote:Image

Is V really worth watching? Is it likely to be continued? Ratings good?

I like it. I think the reviews for it were good and its ratings have been decent enough since coming back on tv that they renewed for another season. I have been to some forums though where people don't seem to like it. It's not a brilliant sci fi show, certainly not up there with Ron Moore's Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Lost or even Dollhouse, but it's solid. It has some great actors, nice production values, a plot that makes sense and some nice action every now and then. It's a decent show and Morena Baccarin is excellent as Anna.

I guess I could try streaming a few episodes. Some shows do grab my attention unexpectedly, but admittedly my TV watching habits have dropped significantly. A unique series nowadays among all the usual fiddle sticks out like a sore thumb (wrong idiom? :lol:)
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever