Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ack

Re: So what have you guys been watching lately?

by Ack Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:21 am

stickem wrote:watching my favorite series Dexter, and the new series finale i guess. It's so so, but glad to have it back.

As an X-Files fan, I wish you luck.
Limewater
Next-Gen

by Limewater Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:26 pm

I am streaming the MST3K Turkey Day marathon in the background right now. I didn't know until yesterday that they're making a new season.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:42 pm

Currently on the eighth episode of the Saved by the Bell reboot.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:01 pm

Ack wrote:
stickem wrote:watching my favorite series Dexter, and the new series finale i guess. It's so so, but glad to have it back.

As an X-Files fan, I wish you luck.

while not as good as the first 4 seasons, which were awesome, it's not too bad. basically following the script of most seasons, just a different setting and tying up loose ends while trying to remain fresh. i'll take it. I've always related to the character, minus the killing lol
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:42 pm

Succession is one of the best shows I've ever seen. Funny because as outlandish as the show can be, the satire is still subtle. A very smart and hilarious show.
marurun

by marurun Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:11 pm

So, I wrapped up the next season/batch of He-Man Revelations episodes, and I fucking love it. It strikes the perfect balance (IMO) between cheese (the power of friendship and love as a motivation) and action eye candy. It’s a nostalgia fever dream for me. This is how I WANT to remember He-Man, as opposed to what it actually was back in the day. The ending was pretty boss. The music is good enough I ALMOST forgive it for not having any of the original theme music anywhere in it. I still really hate Sarah Michelle Cellar’s voice, though. And I’m no fan of the new He-Man’s voice, either. I prefer the old even-keel older-than-he-should-be voice, but I know there’s no way they would have tried to stick to that. Some of the voices are pretty great, though.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:25 pm

Awesome, Mary. He-Man was my favorite when I was a little boy, and I’ll have to check it out.

My cup overfloweth with with content right now. I just got the last part of Money Heist on Netflix, and the final season of Lost in Space just came out too. (Money Heist, while always entertaining, got progressively worse after the stellar first season. Lost in Space gets progressively better as it goes, and it is a great show to watch with your, slightly older, kids.) The next season of Alex Rider is on Prime Video, and since the firmest season was so, so good, I’m really pumped for the second. (My son and I read the first four Alex Rider books together, and while they’re a lot of fun, the show is one of the rare adaptations that surpasses the original.) Apparently, I also get the last part of The Expanse later in the month, too. Finally, I get the new Matrix film at the end of the month on HBO Max, and there are a ton of schlocky Christmas nom-coms on every service! It’s almost too much!
Last edited by prfsnl_gmr on Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marurun

by marurun Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:46 pm

I just want to say that I momentarily misread rom-com as nom-com, and now I want this new genre of food-centered comedies to exist.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

by Ack Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:50 pm

marurun wrote:I just want to say that I momentarily misread rom-com as nom-com, and now I want this new genre of food-centered comedies to exist.

Regular Show was primarily focused on friendship, the workplace, and pop culture, but food does actually play out as a major theme...
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:49 pm

marurun wrote:I just want to say that I momentarily misread rom-com as nom-com, and now I want this new genre of food-centered comedies to exist.

I edited my post so that it now says “nom-com.”
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever