Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: So what have you guys been watching lately?

by REPO Man Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:36 am

New episode of American Horror Stories hit Hulu yesterday and the first two episodes of the new Beavis and Butthead reboot hit Paramount+.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:27 am

Been watching the new season of Primal. It's pretty fun...and violent, REALLY violent.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:07 am

Finished Cobra Kai season 5, some people are calling it the best season. I don't know if I necessarily agree with that, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and ended up watching it a second time with a friend. I have some nitpicks...few things in life are perfect, but after five seasons this show is still great. They planted some seeds for season 6, which has not yet been announced, but probably will be (the show seems to be really popular). There's not a whole lot left to really wrap up in the story, so I think season 6 will likely be the last unless they pull out some real surprises no one could have seen coming

They really kicked up the action...and the violence this season. We had swords, sais, and blood...I'll just leave it at that. After this season, I kind of feel like a Cobra Kai movie would be fun. I might even prefer that to a season 6.

Boy, they really incorporated the Karate Kid movies in some really cool ways this season too. I honestly don't even remember half the stuff from those movies, so it's sort of fun when they bring in that stuff and I'm like, "Oh yeah, I remember that now". They do a good job of explaining the movie stuff too for people who never saw them.

The best thing about Cobra Kai, is that stuff usually gets paid off, character arcs progress in satisfying ways, there's all sorts of fun pop culture references, and the show has some themes that I find inspiring (and relevant to our times), as well as some poignant moments...oh, and kickass fights too. The show can be cheesy in some ways, some things don't totally make sense, and a certain female character always manages to be slightly annoying season after season, but the show is just so much fun and satisfying to watch that most people end up not really caring about minor stuff like this.
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:39 am

Doom patrol and Cybuster
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:27 am

Recently started rewatching The Golden Girls and also recently got myself up to the ninth and final season of The Middle. I actually missed a few episodes back when it first aired and ended up not being able to watch them so I'm mostly watching episodes I've never seen before. Also does anyone else dislike Nancy Donahue?
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:36 am

Finished The Middle last night. Definitely a very sweet and happy ending.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:36 am

My partner put on The Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power show earlier today, and while I haven't got into fantasy television shows in the past, I actually enjoyed it. We binged through the first five episodes. I think there are three more left in the season, so I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.
opa
128-bit

by opa Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:52 am

Note wrote:My partner put on The Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power show earlier today, and while I haven't got into fantasy television shows in the past, I actually enjoyed it. We binged through the first five episodes. I think there are three more left in the season, so I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.

I personally like the show better than the Hobbit films.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:05 am

opa wrote:
Note wrote:My partner put on The Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power show earlier today, and while I haven't got into fantasy television shows in the past, I actually enjoyed it. We binged through the first five episodes. I think there are three more left in the season, so I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.

I personally like the show better than the Hobbit films.

That’s not saying a lot. :lol: (I’m joking, of course. I actually ended up liking The Hobbit films quite a bit after I watched them a second time.) I’m really looking forward to the show, though; so, I’m happy to read you’re enjoying it. I’m going to wait for the all the episodes before I start it, however.

In the meantime, I’ve been watching The Sandman on Netflix. It’s excellent, and I am happy it exists. It looks extremely expensive, though, and I am not hopeful for a second season, however.
Golgo 14
128-bit

by Golgo 14 Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:44 pm

I liked Sandman, but I doubt I would have given it a chance if I didn't have strong memories of reading the comics 25+ years ago. Because of that, I'm surprised it's been so well-received.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever