Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: So what have you guys been watching lately?

by REPO Man Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:17 pm

Rewatching The Simpsons on Disney+ when I get the time. Currently on season 3.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:46 pm

I won’t say what show it was or from what franchise it’s a part of, but there was a 60 second scene where it basically made 23 movies and a half a dozen TV shows feel so irrelevant, so insignificant, the main character and I had basically the same “sudden realization that everything is meaningless” face. It’s funny when you think about it.

It’s a very new show btw.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
Markies
Next-Gen

by Markies Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:18 am

PretentiousHipster wrote:I saw Kids in the Hall as a kid since it was huge in Canada but didn't know wtf was going on. Gave it another chance today. Some stuff didn't age well like a blackface skit, but there are moments of absolute brilliance like these two skits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO0FxifkzFQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeGOE2-dd_s

Kids In The Hall felt like a Modern Day version of Monty Python when it first came out.

A lot of it is not that great, but the sketches that do really well are freaking hilarious. My friend and I used to watch it all the time back in High School and there are sketches that I still remember fondly to this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Ka2nkIi2I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xillqqt0Y0

These are two of my favorite sketches.
marurun

by marurun Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:12 am

Finally finished Penny Dreadful. It did t end nearly as strong as it started, sadly. Felt a bit scattered that whole 3rd season. But we started WandaVision and wow does it exude style.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:41 pm

In light of all the talk regarding the upcoming He-Man show on Netflix, I'm going to start watching the one from 2002. I heard it's pretty good.

I have no idea if the new one from Kevin Smith will be good or awful, but the trailer looks sweet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81wyj65SJIo
Ninjamaster
16-bit

by Ninjamaster Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:03 pm

Jumping back into TWD, I'm into season 4 now !
My collection Updated 2021: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31763
marurun

by marurun Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:12 pm

Just started The Mandalorian after having finished WandaVision a couple weeks ago.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:20 pm

marurun wrote:Just started The Mandalorian after having finished WandaVision a couple weeks ago.

Have you watched The Clone Wars (the CGI series) and Star Wars Rebels? It's not required viewing, but there is some fun stuff in The Mandalorian for people who have watched those shows. In fact, a lot of Star Wars stuff seems to be dovetailing into The Mandalorian in one way or another
marurun

by marurun Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:16 pm

I have not watched those series. I simply don't have the time or inclination. Maybe when my son is older, if he's interested, we could watch it together.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:26 pm

marurun wrote:I have not watched those series. I simply don't have the time or inclination. Maybe when my son is older, if he's interested, we could watch it together.

That's fine. I only brought it up because The Mandalorian features some cameos from those shows and continues certain story lines from them. It's not necessary that you know about them though to follow what's going on, though I will say it's pretty cool seeing these CGI characters get portrayed by actual human actors.

The Clone Wars is a great family show. If you and your son ever watch it, do a quick google search on the show's production order. Disney+ seems to have the episodes out of chronological order for some reason. The show is probably the best thing to come from Star Wars since the original trilogy of movies, and arguably the only redeeming thing to come out of the prequel movies.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever