Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: So what have you guys been watching lately?

by REPO Man Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:20 am

Anyone else watching the new season of South Park?
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:46 am

Tokyo Vice was the perfect example of how important directing and style is. The first episode was directed by Michael Mann, who is one of the most brilliant directors to me stylistically. His style complimented the plot so well. I was just awe struck by it. The other 2 episodes were directed by something else, and it already just comes across as stale in comparison. With noirs they were always heavy in style, so seeing a plain directing style like that just made the rest of it unmemorable.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:50 am

Thief is the most Michael Mann of Michael Mann films, and it rules. Although it’s his feature debut, I still consider it his best work. Happy to read that Tokyo Vice starts out strong. Do you know if he is slated to direct any other episodes?
marurun

by marurun Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:16 am

Watched the second episode of Hawkeye last night. Love how much it pulls from Fraction/Aja's My Life as a Weapon. Tracksuit Mafia is awesome, bro!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:33 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Thief is the most Michael Mann of Michael Mann films, and it rules. Although it’s his feature debut, I still consider it his best work. Happy to read that Tokyo Vice starts out strong. Do you know if he is slated to direct any other episodes?

Looks like that's a no unfortunately.

Blackhat might be my favourite. His style was perfect, although Miami Vice comes close, the movie not the tv show.

Did you ever see the tv show btw? Would you recommend it? If it gives similar vibes to Manhunter then I'd totally be down to see it.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:36 pm

Murder, She Wrote, as well as Steven Universe, King of the Hill and the odd Rocko's Modern Life.
Ninjamaster
16-bit

by Ninjamaster Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:39 am

I watched "Ghostbusters Legacy" and "House of Gucci" great movies!
My collection Updated 2021: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31763
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Fri May 13, 2022 10:29 am

I think new episodes of Kids in the Hall are coming out soon. Getting me to watch more episodes of the old show again. Fantastic proto-surreal humour.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Fri May 13, 2022 2:01 pm

On season 7 of Murder, She Wrote. TBH I didn't hate the weird experiment they did with season 6, where most episodes revolved around other characters with Jessica Fletcher appearing in an intro, but I can understand why some didn't care for it. Basically, it was a way to keep the show going while allowing Angela Lansbury a chance to appear in other projects.

I'm also back to watching the odd episode or two of The Golden Girls.

Interestingly, I've come up with concepts for a reboot of both shows, each starring Broadway legend Patti Lupone (her TV and film roles include Life Goes On, AHS: Coven, Summer of Sam and The 24 Hour Woman). In the Golden Girls concept, she plays a Dorothy-like character named Lydia alongside an ersatz Blanche played by Jessica Lange and a pseudo-Rose Nylund-esque former flower child played by Susan Sarandon, alongside an elderly Asian woman played by Lucille Soong and her nurse played by Wanda Sykes. In the MSW concept, she plays a widowed Broadway star turned mystery novelist who lives with her nephew in Bushwick, not 100% like or unlike Jessica's nephew Grady, a literary publicist played by Christopher Mintz-Plasse.
Ack

by Ack Fri May 13, 2022 11:27 pm

Change the names so you're not using IPs, develop a treatment outlining your vision for the series, characters, and the first season, and write scripts for the first episodes of each.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever