So what have you guys been watching lately?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
MrPopo

Re: So what have you guys been watching lately?

Post by MrPopo »

Gucci wrote:I won’t say what show it was or from what franchise it’s a part of, but there was a 60 second scene where it basically made 23 movies and a half a dozen TV shows feel so irrelevant, so insignificant, the main character and I had basically the same “sudden realization that everything is meaningless” face. It’s funny when you think about it.

It’s a very new show btw.

Was it the first episode or the fourth episode?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

MrPopo wrote:
Gucci wrote:I won’t say what show it was or from what franchise it’s a part of, but there was a 60 second scene where it basically made 23 movies and a half a dozen TV shows feel so irrelevant, so insignificant, the main character and I had basically the same “sudden realization that everything is meaningless” face. It’s funny when you think about it.

It’s a very new show btw.

Was it the first episode or the fourth episode?

First episode. Where the main character saw multiple copies of these things that were super important to one really evil dude.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Yup, that's what I figured it was if it was the first episode.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

It's Loki right? I haven't watched it myself but I think it's what you guys are talking about

Why are you being so cryptic?
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Finished Steven Universe: Future a few days ago. Powerful.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

Raging Justice wrote:It's Loki right? I haven't watched it myself but I think it's what you guys are talking about

Why are you being so cryptic?

Maybe. Maybe not.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

Post by TheSSNintendo »

Just started Season 3 of Brooklyn Nine Nine.
Ninjamaster
16-bit

Post by Ninjamaster »

I watched Goblin Slayer an interesting Dark Fantasy Anime (recommended for Berserk fans) :)
My collection Updated 2021: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31763
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I've been watching Ultraseven, the third entry in the "Ultra" series and direct followup to Ultraman. I watched Ultra Q and Ultraman years ago on DVD (I liked Ultra Q but was a bit lukewarm on Ultraman) and since the entirety of the series is coming out on blu-ray, I thought I'd try to see a more of it.

So far I'm inclined to say that Ultraseven has better stories than Ultraman, but the monsters aren't quite as cool. I like the show, but I don't *love* it. I'm really not sure if the Ultra series is for me. My first exposure to Japanese tokusatsu shows was Zyuranger and I absolutely fell in love with early '90s Super Sentai. I've met a few people who prefer Ultraman or Kamen Rider, but it's hard to know where to start with the limited legal options. It seems like most English-speaking Ultraman fans are most enthusiastic about the original Ultraman, but I feel like the Ultra shows from the '60s are just a bit too dated for my taste. Like, obviously these were the coolest live action kids shows on Japanese TV from that time, but they're lacking the dynamic and exciting energy from the '90s Super Sentai shows I'm hungry for.

I'm wondering if I should bother with The Return of Ultraman (1971) or maybe The Ultraman (1979 anime series) or if I should just skip ahead to Ultraman Tiga (1996). But I might just give up after Ultraseven.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

You need to give Ultraman: Toward the Future a try. It was designed to be palatable to the western audience and I used to watch it as a kid on regular TV.