So what have you guys been watching lately?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: So what have you guys been watching lately?

Post by PretentiousHipster »

He was in a fairly popular Canadian tv show before Nathan For You, and he was quite brilliant in it too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rw-43W4Plg
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Haven’t been watching much lately, just catching up on AOT currently.

Any suggestions for tokusatsu shows? I know about Ultraman, Kamen Rider, and Super Sentai. I wouldn’t know where to even start though, or how much is available in the US.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Shout Factory TV has tons of Super Sentai. They also have the first Kamen Rider series.

And Toei has a YouTube channel with TONS of tokusatsu.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

So I've been watching the show Mindhunter on Netflix.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindhunter_(TV_series)

There's two seasons on Netflix, and I have only two episodes left in season 2 to watch. So I just looked up the show for the first time to figure out if there's any more seasons coming and it turns out that there were plans for a third season but it has been put on hold indefinitely. That's a bummer. This show has a lot going for it, and it definitely has a good cast with good chemistry. Apparently it wasn't popular enough to justify the cost of production, which is a real shame.
pilgrimteeth
8-bit

Post by pilgrimteeth »

My Wife and I have been watching back through every season of Survivor during the day and some GTA RP on Twitch at night!
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Can't seem to find a tv thread. I've been loving The Twilight Zone, but I've decided to give the 60s show The Outer Limits a chance and :shock: it might be even better.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

PretentiousHipster wrote:Can't seem to find a tv thread. I've been loving The Twilight Zone, but I've decided to give the 60s show The Outer Limits a chance and :shock: it might be even better.

I love The Twilight Zone. I've been watching it in spurts for years now. I'll binge watch a bunch of episodes and then take a break from it. I have to be in the right mood.

The Outer Limits is such a classic show. The first time I watched it, I immediately recognized the opening narration even though I've never seen the show before. "There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission." I've only watched a few episodes so far, and they weren't bad, but nothing that sucked me in. The thing about Twilight Zone is it has Rod Sterling doing those opening and closing remarks when he talks to the camera. And there's something just so awesome about him. I guess I should watch some more Outer Limits though.

Anyone use to watch Are You Afraid of the Dark? I think watching that show primed my young mind to later enjoy shows like The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Are You Afraid of the Dark is one of my favorite shows from when I was a kid. Has anyone seen the newer stuff? Back in 2019 they did a three-episode revival and recently they aired another limited series with six episodes. It seems like they're going the American Horror Story route, with each season being a single standalone story.

I'm also on my third rewatch of King of the Hill. I just finished the penultimate episode of season 10 this morning.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

I have been watching King of the Hill for the first time recently. Almost done with season 2. I remember finding it so boring as a kid, but seeing it now is making me realize how much better it is than The Simpsons, like it's not even close.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

To me king of the hill was tailored more for adults while the Simpson's audience was more for kids. I probably would have found it boring as hell as a kid, but I was in my 20's.