Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: So what have you guys been watching lately?

by SamuraiMegas Sun May 15, 2022 6:41 pm

I've been absolutely binging The Mentalist lately. I got through 6 seasons in like a month.
Massive Spoilers about Red John:
Jane surprising Red John by pulling out a fucking bird from his pocket and throwing it at him so he'd have time to grab his gun was absolutely hilarious and also incredibly satisfying and in character. He found out that Red John was afraid of birds and used that against him.
Patrick Jane is basically a trickster god who can do whatever the hell he wants in the show; he basically has Jedi Mind Tricks and uses them to solve all the cases. Most cop shows are pretty boring due to being very samey throughout the episodes, but they really do some crazy shit in this show because you legit don't know what Jane is going to do; he literally breaks the law constantly to do whatever he can to find more info on Red John.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sun May 15, 2022 6:53 pm

Binged the new season of Big Mouth last night.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Fri May 20, 2022 7:29 am

can we discuss tv shows here or just name what we are watching?
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sat May 28, 2022 2:25 pm

Started the new Big Mouth spin-off Human Resources yesterday. Basically it revolves around the various monsters from Big Mouth, such as the Hormone Monsters, Anxiety Mosquitoes, Shame Wizards, and so on.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Sun May 29, 2022 10:00 am

Binged on Reacher, the series on Amazon. Great characters, some decent comedy, lots of action, very solid show. I'll be onboard if they do a season 2. I've never seen the Jack Reacher movies, but I can't imagine Tom Cruise embodying the character as well as the guy in this series does. The guy just totally looks like someone you wouldn't want to mess with in a way that Cruise just doesn't. There's a funny scene in episode 1 where he intimidates a guy just by looking at him...doesn't speak a single word.

RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Mon May 30, 2022 5:50 pm

Dropped on a random episode of Smallville to check it out, Lexmas. Was a snoozefest . Any one think I should give it another chance?
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:56 am

RCBH928 wrote:Dropped on a random episode of Smallville to check it out, Lexmas. Was a snoozefest . Any one think I should give it another chance?

Smallville was a mixed bag of a show. It had good moments and it had terrible ones. It was popular though, and some say it paved the way for other superhero shows, but the quality of Smallville was always uneven. It's also got some negative press now too given the weird stuff Allison Mack has been involved in with that sex cult. She was one of the stars of that show, but her reputation is crap now and I think she's in jail.

DC in live action TV shows hasn't fared well. Birds of Prey was awful

CW has been a mess with DC super hero shows

Arrow was good for two seasons. Flash was good for like one, both shows went downhill after that. Legends of Tomorrow was always terrible, as was Batwoman (thank god they finally cancelled it). Supergirl showed some promise but quickly turned to shit.

Gotham had some good moments, but it was basically a Batman show that never featured Batman. It was better than Smallville though, but the two shows are similar in premise. Seeing these lame, young versions of Clark and Bruce before they actually became the cool superheroes we want to see

What I've seen of Superman & Lois is decent though. Probably more worth your time than Smallville. I've heard that Stargirl is okay, but I have not watched it

I still say DC stuff has been done best in animation. There is is no live action DC super hero show that can touch Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League: Unlimited, and Green Lantern: The Animated Series. Invincible is great too, though it's not a DC property. It's the best modern superhero cartoon right now though
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:26 pm

My partner and I watched the first seven episodes of the new Stranger Things season. It's been really good so far!

Can't wait for the next few episodes to be released in early July. Anyone else check it out?
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:37 pm

^I'm fixing to binge the new episodes. Hope it's better than last season. The first 2 seasons were gold, but kinda dropped off in season 3 so I'm hoping this season is alot better.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:54 pm

I would LOVE to have time to sit down and watch Stranger Things. So naturally I don't have any time to binge watch… anything. :cry:
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever