Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Gucci
64-bit

Re: Image Link Dump Thread.

by Gucci Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:43 am

Of anyone ever wants a snapshot of what 1999/2000 was like for games and music, this is it.

Edit: wanted to add these two:
https://imgur.com/a/4DP4Zpi

And from the Baja talk the other day:
https://imgur.com/a/eBQUzaL
Last edited by Gucci on Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:08 am

I've actually been trying to find if there's more to nu-metal than Deftones, and maybe Godflesh might count. The genre actually has some good rhythmic guitars, but 99% the time the vocals come in and completely ruin it. The Mad Capsule Markets was an exception but the pop-punk and surf rock songs stopped the album from being awesome.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:43 am

PretentiousHipster wrote:I've actually been trying to find if there's more to nu-metal than Deftones, and maybe Godflesh might count. The genre actually has some good rhythmic guitars, but 99% the time the vocals come in and completely ruin it. The Mad Capsule Markets was an exception but the pop-punk and surf rock songs stopped the album from being awesome.

Believe it or not, there’s a couple of modern day bands that still have trace elements of Nu-metal. Not all songs but they are peppered around here and there: From Ashes to New and I Prevail.
Ack

by Ack Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:58 pm

You could always look at what albums the music folks seem to cite. Here's Loudwire's Top 50 Nu Metal albums:

https://loudwire.com/top-50-nu-metal-albums-of-all-time/

I think they also did a list of forgotten Nu Metal bands, like Ill Nino and Red, a little while back.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

by Nemoide Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:13 pm

I was pretty into Nu-Metal when I was a young teen. I remember Static-X's Wisconsin Death Trip being my favorite album of the genre but I'd also say Korn's first two albums are worth a listen.

But over the course of high school I went from nu-metal to 80s metal before transitioning towards softer, poppier stuff. I almost never feel the urge to revisit metal at all.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:37 pm

I do enjoy some death metal but black metal is easily the best for me. I love having an emotional connection with music and I feel like black metal is one of the best genres for that.
Ack

by Ack Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:26 pm

PretentiousHipster wrote:I do enjoy some death metal but black metal is easily the best for me. I love having an emotional connection with music and I feel like black metal is one of the best genres for that.

First or second generation? You rocking Venom, Mercyful Fate, Bathory, or Mayhem?
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:21 pm

Ack wrote:
PretentiousHipster wrote:I do enjoy some death metal but black metal is easily the best for me. I love having an emotional connection with music and I feel like black metal is one of the best genres for that.

First or second generation? You rocking Venom, Mercyful Fate, Bathory, or Mayhem?

Bathory and Mayhem are great but I'm more into the newer hipster stuff :P

I would recommend one of my favourites though which is Ifernach. A throwback to older black metal, but slightly lighter in tone.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:16 pm

I can’t remember when I got these wallpapers of the GB Micro. It must have been several years ago where the official site was still active to my surprise.

Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:46 am

Holy Shmeat, that's awesome! I knew some graphic designers were competing to get their designs plastered, but I never saw the originals. Thanks!
This reminds me of that thread on Vogons that asked for pack-in wallpapers from old PCs.
https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=44836
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever