Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: Image Link Dump Thread.

by PretentiousHipster Wed May 26, 2021 1:33 pm

Literally never shaved in my life, only trimmed. One advantage is that the beard is finally starting to get full which looks nice.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed May 26, 2021 1:36 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:I've had a beard on and off for 20 years. Mine is skipping gray and going directly to white.

I always just picture you as your avatar :lol:

You're not far off. Last trim was December.

PretentiousHipster wrote:Literally never shaved in my life, only trimmed. One advantage is that the beard is finally starting to get full which looks nice.

I've probably legit "shaved" <30 times ever. It's not worth it; the shit just grows back too fast. I have five o'clock shadow by noon.
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Wed May 26, 2021 1:56 pm

I haven't shaved many times either, but I would more often if I could. If I shave proper with a razor, I get horrible ingrown hairs which are not only painful but make it impossible to shave again until they heal. What I can do is use an electric razor, the kind that the barber uses on the back of your neck. This gives me as close of a shave as maybe 1 days worth of growth looks. So no ingrown hairs. But it's a pain in the ass to shave this way, mostly the cleanup because the cut hairs just get everywhere. So I tend to only shave once a month, at which point I have a goatee for a couple of days until my beard is back. Although there was a few times I went longer than a month without shaving. I think the longest I went was 3 or 4 months.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
marurun

by marurun Wed May 26, 2021 2:21 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:I've had a beard on and off for 20 years. Mine is skipping gray and going directly to white.

I always just picture you as your avatar :lol:

Given enough time that WILL be him.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:37 pm

The big reason why I wanna do a Zelda ranked video is that the average video is like this

EDIT: I know my video is gonna be like half dislikes though :lol: I still have a handful yet to play, including replaying two major ones, but I'll list some of my controversial stuff:

My #1 is not common for being a #1 choice
Ocarina of Time is not in the top 3
Wind Waker is not in the top 10
Zelda 2 Adventure of Link is higher than Twilight Princess (this seems to be the most loved entry actually)
A game that seems to be so neglected is in my top 3
Ack

by Ack Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:11 pm

So you enjoy Wand of Gamelon. Got it.

In truth, I don't think your choices are that controversial based on what you said. A lot of people despised Wind Waker when it was released, and Twilight Princess feels like a forgettable retread of Ocarina in Time in a lot of ways. Also, over all it's a generally great series, so there isn't a whole lot to actively dislike.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:15 pm

Ack wrote:So you enjoy Wand of Gamelon. Got it.

In truth, I don't think your choices are that controversial based on what you said. A lot of people despised Wind Waker when it was released, and Twilight Princess feels like a forgettable retread of Ocarina in Time in a lot of ways. Also, over all it's a generally great series, so there isn't a whole lot to actively dislike.

Haven't played Wand of Gamelon yet. I loved the aesthetic of Wind Waker but I feel the last act completely ruined it. Twilight Princess has bad aesthetics and felt safe, but I do love how great its dungeon design is.

The worst mainline Zelda game to me so far is Skyward Sword, with high highs but the lowest of lows. I probably won't play the switch remake tbh but I've noticed that they did fix one huge issue (the cutscene whenever you collect an item). I would say the only 3 I disliked so far were Age of Calamity, Zelda's Adventure, and Faces of Evil.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:07 pm

2D Zelda > 3D Zelda every time.
marurun

by marurun Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:14 pm

o.pwuaioc wrote:2D Zelda > 3D Zelda every time.

I would have agreed 100% until I played Breath of the Wild.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:19 am

Now I know that objectively the Dreamcast is the best console, because it has the best endorsement.

Return to Off-Topic / Whatever