marurun

Re: Image Link Dump Thread.

Post by marurun »

Oof, it’s funny because it’s true.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

PretentiousHipster wrote:Image

marurun wrote:Oof, it’s funny because it’s true.

On one hand, it sucks. On the other hand, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this way. For some reason, in my mind it's still the year 2000.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Yeah, and I'm still 25 in my head despite being over a decade older than that. Getting older is weird; the days seem shorter, time flies by, and WHAT THE HELL ARE THOSE DAMN KIDS DOING ON MY LAWN?!?!
marurun

Post by marurun »

Ack wrote:WHAT THE HELL ARE THOSE DAMN KIDS DOING ON MY LAWN?!?!

Why the hell is there a kid in my house!?!? Oh, wait, it's mine.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

LOL. I'm old enough now that some of my long time friends now have kids. It was pretty freaky at first. Like, What?! You can't have kids! We use to get trashed drunk together... Oh, that was 15+ years ago?...

Ack, you're much older in your mind than I am in mine. And what the hell ARE those kids doing on my lawn?! It's funny to have both of those feelings, in some ways I still feel much younger than I am but in other ways I feel like I'm becoming an old man.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

I am too young to experience this Wolfenstein post. Just thought it would be interesting/depressing for some of you :P

I am turning 30 in less than a month, am seeing some youtube videos like the Jubilee channel, and found 3 grey hairs on my beard so I'm starting to have my first "I am getting old" crisis. Although telling that to a group of people where some are older than must make them cringe.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

PretentiousHipster wrote:I am turning 30 in less than a month, am seeing some youtube videos like the Jubilee channel, and found 3 grey hairs on my beard so I'm starting to have my first "I am getting old crisis". Although telling that to a group of people where some are older than must make them cringe.

Welcome to the 30 club. For some reason, turning 30 hit me pretty hard. I thought it wouldn't affect me, being that turning 30 is just an arbitrary thing anyway. But some how it hit me pretty hard. Probably because I hadn't accomplished what I wish I had before I was 30. Or maybe it's that your 20's is party time and you know when you turn 30 that the party is over and it's time to grow up LOL. But yeah, I was getting some grey hairs in my beard leading up to turning 30. I think I have a few more each year, but I guess it's only noticeable to ME so far. Honestly, I can't wait to have noticeable greys in my beard because people always think I'm much younger than I really am. Which is somewhat insulting sometimes.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I didn't grow a beard until I was 34, but yeah, the grey is there. Get used to it and hope it makes you look "distinguished" instead of "decrepit".
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I've had a beard on and off for 20 years. Mine is skipping gray and going directly to white.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I've had a beard on and off for 20 years. Mine is skipping gray and going directly to white.

I always just picture you as your avatar :lol: