Post Your Local/Favorite Indie Game Stores

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
porygon
24-bit

Re: Post Your Local/Favorite Indie Game Stores

Post by porygon »

There's three decent game stores within 45 mins of here, that I know of.

1. Planet Games, my main store, in Emmaus, Pennsylvania.
-Great prices
-Decent selection (considering not many people trade things in, he still manages to get a decent selection)
-Owner is very awesome, and gives me incredible deals

2. The Control Pad, I haven't gone here in a while, but I can certainly remember some awesomeness, in Freemansburg, Pennsylvania
-I forget the prices, but the selection is what got me.
-They have a wide variety, imports (PG has them, just in smaller quantities), a lot of various games for various systems such as 3DO, NGPC, 7800, Sega CD, 32X, etc.

3. Q-mart, Quakertown, Pennsylvania
-Incredible selection in the game store
-Flea market outside, I've scored a boxed Pong unit for five dollars, a boxed Odyssey2 for 25, and there was so much more, and they get new stuff weekly.
-The game store's selection is good... very good... but the prices can be a bit too high (55 dollars for a Nintendo 64?????), I sometimes find fair deals, such as 10 dollars for a standalone SNES (no hookups)
<3
Alpinex2
64-bit

Post by Alpinex2 »

Game Stores are over priced stick to flea markets and thrift stores.
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

Post by OldSchool_Boy »

San Diego area.

Luna Games.

They got good merchandise and atmosphere but the prices are ridiculous. Shenmue = 30 bucks!
final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

Post by pepharytheworm »

These are all the retro video game store I go to other than playntrade in the atlanta area

Ccgaming http://www.ccgamingonline.com 2 locations
2750 Jiles Rd- Kennesaw Ga 30144 & 10895 Alpharetta HWY Roswell ga 30076
Hard to shop through, cartidge games and accessories it bags on pegs ten deep.
prices are a mixed bag. they do system customization.

Gamespot 5340 Hwy 20 South Suite 205 Covington, GA. 30016
Prices are horrible on rpgs, gives 10% off for using cash.

Media Mania 5035A North Henry Blvd Stockbridge, Ga 30281
Carries the most consoles of the stores, but very over priced, most selection of 3do and turbografx i have seen in atlanta. Has lots of boxed nes games but they stack them on top of each other and they are starting to warp.

Gamers Trade http://www.gamers-trade.com 3450 Cobb Pkwy #140 Acworth, GA 30101
Use to be a playntrade has some rare accessories like the keyboard for the intellivison.has the biggest selection of games and systems from atari 2600, colecovision, intellevison and magnavox i have seen in atlanta, games cheap systems not.

phoenix games shops at mableton
Best pricing nothing too rare very disorganized though
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
Budsmoka
32-bit

Post by Budsmoka »

Can anyone tell me if play n trade is any good?
All the ladies they love me, from the bleachers they screamin
All the ballers is bouncin they like the way I be leanin
All the rappers be hatin, off the track that I'm makin
But all the hustlers they love it just to see one of us make it
nickfil
Next-Gen

Post by nickfil »

weasels wrote:
alexis524 wrote:level up video games in Reading Pa rocks a ton of retro VG stuff. check 'em out here:
http://www.levelupvideogames.org/

well i just found out that that's only about an hour and 52 mins away from me :lol: . one of these days im going there.

yeah. About an hour 20 from me. I think one of these days when i got some extra cash and time i'll make the trek and check it out. The photos made it look like a really nice store.

That was a really good interview with the video games new york guy. Kinda personalized the business a little. Thing about that store is they always seem to have what i'm looking for but without a manual or some minor detail like that. Still- if anyone is ever in nyc check it out.

I think i'm actually going to try to actively stop searching ebay for most things. Stores like these need support, and i appreciate how they are trying to raise awareness of video games as an artform/recreation. Too often i feel like people put away games post college when it is "time to put away childish things." It shouldn't be that way.
Space Paranoids
8-bit

Post by Space Paranoids »

FX Game Exchange - College Station, TX (also some other Texas locations)
http://www.fxvideogameexchange.com/
I found this store in a mall directory. I was calling up stores asking if they stocked Sega Saturn gear, and to my surprise, they did! I've gone there a couple times for extra controllers. The guy there said that good Saturn games come in and then get sold quickly. They had really good selections for other systems though.
equalsign
Next-Gen

Post by equalsign »

I know it's very unlikely that I'll get a response, but I just thought I'd ask. Has anyone found a good retro game store in Utah? I've searched (and searched and searched) but I have yet to find anything :( .
Looking for Animal Crossing e Reader cards! - link
equalsign
Next-Gen

Post by equalsign »

Budsmoka wrote:Can anyone tell me if play n trade is any good?

They're alright. They stock old games and their selection is usually decent, but I wouldn't expect to walk away with a deal.
Looking for Animal Crossing e Reader cards! - link
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

equalsign wrote:I know it's very unlikely that I'll get a response, but I just thought I'd ask. Has anyone found a good retro game store in Utah? I've searched (and searched and searched) but I have yet to find anything :( .

I don't know how it is today because I haven't lived there for 7 years, but Graywhale CD by the University of Utah used to be a great place to get videogames in UT. You should also check different Deseret Industries and see if they carry any videogames.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry